Author Topic: Four years tomorrow  (Read 4752 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Four years tomorrow
« on: November 27, 2007, 03:29:05 PM »
Tomorrow it will be four years since I went "permanently" sly.  I'd promised myself a few years earlier -- sometime around 1998 -- that I'd shave my head once I'd gotten to the point where my hair loss was really noticeable.  Looking back, I really should have done it sooner.  I didn't realize at the time how bad my hair looked towards the end.  My strategy at the time was to hold onto my hair for as long as I could.  Now with the clarity of hindsight, I realize that I'd have been better off being bald sooner.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
Re: Four years tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 03:57:32 PM »
Congrats Razor.  I passed 3 years last month, and it's hard to imagine life before slick.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 04:20:03 PM »
Congratulations Razor on getting up there in the sly years !B@ !B@      And remember, aint how long it too you to get there, but that you finally did!
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 04:20:12 PM »
Congrats Razor and Stew.  Just passed7 months yesterday.  Just a baby SLY.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 05:45:42 PM »
Congrats Razor!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 06:57:54 PM »
Thanks.  Even though I started shaving long before this forum was in existence, it is this group that's helped me to come to see the look as a positive thing, as opposed to something that was the only available option.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 08:20:08 PM »
razor.... CONGRATS on your 4 years!

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 08:25:14 PM »
However you got here is cool..

Congrats bro! O0 O0 O0

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 08:58:40 PM »
Congrats Razor ...  That's quite a milestone.   I'm sure you'll continue your slyness for many years to come.  The sly look suits you well ....

“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 11:24:02 AM »
Razor, congrats on your fourth year!    O0

I agree that this site and the group has been a big factor for many. The positive vibe you get just can't be beat.
Thanks to you too for helping me off the fence. We all realize we should have done it sooner, well, most of us, and what matters is we've done it and we're here.
Keep it smooth, bro!

Joe

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 02:08:25 PM »
Congradulations, but one question--during those four years have you ever missed enough days shaving to see how much further the MPB has gone?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 07:19:52 PM »
Congradulations, but one question--during those four years have you ever missed enough days shaving to see how much further the MPB has gone?

Four years ago, there was still a shadow on top which revealed how far my hairline had receded.  That shadow is completely gone now.  I'd occasionally go a couple of days without shaving, and for the first day or two it would look like everything was growing back, but after about four days,  the regrowth on top would just seem to stop while the fringe area continued to fill in.

I spent a week in bed with the flu last December just before Christmas. I went a full week without shaving, which is the longest I've gone during the past four years.  Ended up with the MPB cul-de-sac and a little fuzz on top but not much.  Man, did it feel good when I was finally well enough to shower and shave my head back to its rightful smoothness!

I think I probably have a bald spot at the crown now, which I didn't have before.  That area still seems to be perfectly smooth at the end of the day, when the sides and back of my head are starting to get sandpapery.

Offline froze

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 11:37:29 AM »
Congrats Razor! also on your 4 th year!