Author Topic: One less bald guy at that company...  (Read 4305 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
One less bald guy at that company...
« on: August 18, 2006, 05:38:34 PM »
Today was my last day at the company I was working at.  It feels good to leave, mostly because I wasn't having fun working there anymore.  I'm off to more exciting things at a startup.  I'm looking forward to being able to help build a company from the ground up versus milking a cash cow that is either going to die off or grow a little fatter.  Anyways, I thought I would share that with all of you.

Anyone else quit a job lately?

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline MississippiRed

• Sly Jr.
Re: One less bald guy at that company...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 04:19:31 PM »
Congratulations man.....I quit I quit.....it was good and bad at the same time.....I didn't have a plan in place when I quit so I'm still dealing with transition issues but it was freeing at the same time .....anyway congrats and good luck man..

Red

jusbnme

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 02:24:43 PM »
Good for you Mr. T and the rest of my sly bros that are living the life they want to live.  It wasn't very recent but I quit my job last year when my son was born.  The company I was with didn't want to work with me when I wanted to take a few weeks off to help take care of my recovering wife and, then, breathing complicated son.  Best thing that happened to me though because now I'm pursuing a career as a firefighter like I've always wanted to.  Just never got off my butt and did it before and could never find the time at my old company. 

BALDANDRE

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 02:57:49 PM »
Tyler, sorry I missed this thread...

Damn, too much to look at here at SBG! ;)

Sounds great dude, how are you doing that some time has passed? I think it is very important to step out of what is comfortable...that is the only way to get ahead, unless you have a job that you can truly say you are compensated well for...treading water with bills and such is just that treading water....

Sometime soon I will be leaving my current job of  12 years (once our house sells) and we will be moving out of California to Washington state...we don't have anything lined up, but we know it's time to try our own thing and to get creative...i feel I NEED to make a change!

So we will enter this new phase as a vacation and just do a little detoxing...then try to muster something up...life is too short to say" I wonder if i would have pursued that"........

Nice move Tyler , I think you'll do great!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 03:18:52 PM »
Thanks guys!  I'm actually getting close to my 1 year anniversary at the new company.  Change usually works out for the best.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 02:30:27 AM »
Tyler .... glad to hear that everything worked out for you ... somehow though I get the idea that you're the kind of guy who knows how to get what he wants  & goes for it .... I'm pretty sure you'd be successful at most of the things you try.

Good luck with the new move BaldAndre,  I hope everything pans out for you & I'm sure it will . You are right .... life is way too short to not go for it!

Great new pic too ... you look like a very lucky man!  O0
His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

jusbnme

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 08:40:54 AM »
Tyler, sorry I missed this thread...

Damn, too much to look at here at SBG! ;)

Sounds great dude, how are you doing that some time has passed? I think it is very important to step out of what is comfortable...that is the only way to get ahead, unless you have a job that you can truly say you are compensated well for...treading water with bills and such is just that treading water....

Sometime soon I will be leaving my current job of  12 years (once our house sells) and we will be moving out of California to Washington state...we don't have anything lined up, but we know it's time to try our own thing and to get creative...i feel I NEED to make a change!

So we will enter this new phase as a vacation and just do a little detoxing...then try to muster something up...life is too short to say" I wonder if i would have pursued that"........

Nice move Tyler , I think you'll do great!

Good luck on the move and the change Andre.  Wish you and yours the best.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 10:07:49 PM »
Andre, enjoy the experience bro!  You gotta love life's new adventures.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 10:09:10 PM »
Tyler .... glad to hear that everything worked out for you ... somehow though I get the idea that you're the kind of guy who knows how to get what he wants  & goes for it .... I'm pretty sure you'd be successful at most of the things you try.

Thanks ShySlyGuy!  I do usually go for what I want.  I don't always get it, but when I don't, I try to learn why I didn't.

Enter your email address: