Author Topic: Shooting for 6 pack abs  (Read 11845 times)

Offline JustColorado

• Sly Jr.
Shooting for 6 pack abs
« on: November 20, 2007, 07:15:31 AM »
For some reason shaving my head gives me an incredible desire to get in shape.  This time I am going for the 6 pack abs.  I know it is the hardest thing to do.  But I wanted them my whole life.   I am sure it will go great with the sly look. 

Anybody here able to pull it off?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 07:20:48 AM by JustColorado »

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Shooting for 6 pack abs
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 07:21:01 AM »
Welcome to SBG.

I have the "Coors Party Ball" Abs.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »
I have been working on this so hard and still have a bit to go... I can feel them in there but visually my belly is pretty much flat but no definition due to a layer of beer chub.

I think I can do it if I go real hardcore on the diet and drop down to 1000 calories per day and dont eat after 6:30 P.M. but I have yet to increase my commitment.

What can I say, I love beer and food.  O0

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

X The Hierophant

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 08:59:32 AM »
I would love to pull that off as well.  I do plan to start a new excercise routine and diet but Thanksgiving/xmas isn't the best time for me.  I think I'll try and start after the new years. 

Excellent goal though ... good luck on that  O0

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 11:33:30 AM »
It's funny that you post this because the after affect of shaving your head is to often want to get into shape.  I say go for it!

Check out this blog post by Tim Ferris as it could help you achieve your goal - http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2007/04/06/how-to-lose-20-lbs-of-fat-in-30-days-without-doing-any-exercise/
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Josh_ua

• Sly Jr.
  • Woah Black Betty
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 07:25:49 AM »
I'm in the same boat Colorado, I want to get cut. I think the most important thing to getting the abs is cutting excess weight, which I'm currently working on.

Good luck!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 08:47:57 AM »
It's funny that you post this because the after affect of shaving your head is to often want to get into shape.  I say go for it!

Check out this blog post by Tim Ferris as it could help you achieve your goal - http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2007/04/06/how-to-lose-20-lbs-of-fat-in-30-days-without-doing-any-exercise/

I've been doing most of the things on this list for a while now.  I've reached the point where I don't have a lot left to lose, but those last few pounds can be really stubborn.  I'm actually ready to give up milk, which I've been unwilling to do up to now.  That should reduce my daily calorie intake a bit more and hopefully will get me off this plateau for once and for all.

Offline JustColorado

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 07:39:57 PM »
I have been down to those last few pounds for a few months.  Giving up drinking was a huge boost and brought me down to size 32 waste.  I haven't worn that size in 15 years. 

Today I decided to give up ice cream.  I usually eat at least one ice cream each day.  and really love it but it is for a good cause.  I think I can do it before christmas.

Offline JustColorado

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 06:28:36 PM »
It took me two trys to really stop eating ice cream.  It is one of the last vices I hold on to.  But I wasn't getting any skinnier so I just stopped. 

It has been just one week and I definitely lost an inch in my waist.  Actually I can't believe it was so quick.  Now size 32 pants are falling off and I can see 4 boxes.  I think on or around new years I can hit this goal

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2007, 08:02:54 AM »
Don't give up all your favorties completely, it only makes it harder. Try cutting the portions, and getting a little taste of your favorties.

Portion control is the hardest for me. I never know when to stop.

Alcohol is also an issue, so I try for lite beers and diet tonic with Gin.
"Wherever you go, there you are"

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 06:51:49 AM »
Another good trick with ice cream is to use a small bowl. I bought 4oz bowls, ramekins, and put just enough in them to give me a taste. It really cuts the fat and calories.
"Wherever you go, there you are"

Offline GATMOG

• Sly Jr.
  • serious sly is serious!!
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 12:39:07 AM »
In my experience, I found that eating smaller meals more often is key for me..  I eat the same amount but half as much at a time, twice as often..

This enforces a condition where you're never lacking nutrients (so no need for the body to conserve), yet you're never really full (no surplus means no storing).  Bodyfat is key when it comes to definition of your abs, so make sure you keep your muscle mass, as this will improve your bodyfat to lean mass ratio!

Your mileage may vary, but I find this works for me..

However, I also hit the gym six times a week, four times for mass training, two times for cardio..

Remember to eat clean!!  O0

Offline JustColorado

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 10:19:24 AM »
Almost there: 

I can see 4 boxes some of the time. 

BALDANDRE

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 11:15:55 AM »
Almost there: 

I can see 4 boxes some of the time. 

Awesome bro....

It's cool to see "a real life" 6 pack progress...

man, I always lag on the belly area...

good inspiration! O0

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 01:16:54 PM »
Well aint no way in hell im gonna post my belly on here...but dude....I would take what you got anyday.  I am not fat like blubber fat or anything....but I WANT THAT!    Congrats bro...keep it up and post up more pics of your progress...maybe you will inspire me...might be helpful if you would post your routine....and would have liked to have seen a before pic.......
Timmayyyy!

Enter your email address: