Author Topic: Fusion Convert  (Read 12628 times)

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
    • www.myspace.com/dangman
Re: Fusion Convert
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2008, 06:32:53 PM »
Like alot of people, I used to use the Mach3Turbo. Its a great razor, and definetely would be my backup if I moved somewhere or was out of town and they didn't have Fusion heads. I tried the fusion after hearing some reviews on here and elsewhere and was blown away. It left my head super smooth and had minimal to no irritation and I only cut myself with it because I re-opened some cuts by my tempal from my Mach 3, which I admit was from my own carelessness.

So yes I am definetely a convert, although the price is crazy for cartridges,, its soooo worth it. I'll kill off my left over mach3 turbo heads eventually though.  O:O
Its good to be bald my friends :)

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2008, 06:58:16 AM »
i used the fusion for my first shave and it was great, it works really good. i wouldn't change it atm.

Offline iPelon

• Sly Jr.
  • Waz-up!!!... my pelones!!!
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2008, 11:53:27 PM »
The Fusion definitely rocks!!  I use Headblade Sport for the first pass... with and against the grain.  The Fusion touches up the whole noggin' after HB has done the first round.  They are both a great team together.

I just bought a pack of 16 Fusion blades at Costco for around $43 bills.  My local Ralphs supermarket and other places sales them for about 25--30 bills for only 8 blades.  I think I will definitely get at least seven shaves out of each blade... especially if I spray them with alcohol after a few passes and when finished with it.  Thanks Warhawk!!!  That was a great tip and I have adopted it in my routine..
...the man, the dome, the legend.

JohnMont

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2008, 10:09:44 AM »
Any fusion cart will work with any fusion handle, so the "don't have the net worth to sustain that" excuse does not hold water.
Are there any down sides to using the manual blade on the power handle or are they just tryimng to get you to spend more money for no reason?
rye...R sly brother (baldrob) did a gr8 review on the fusion (manual) vs. the power and i took his advice and stuck with the manual.  as the other brothers have said there is NO difference.

WARHAWK O0

hey Warhawk; do you have a link for that?

I'm a Fusion user too;  from day one; couldn't believe how easy and trouble free it was to get a smooth ; blood-free shave.   I don't plan on ever using anything else

J

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2008, 06:02:25 PM »
Just use the manual blades on your power and they work fine I never buy the more expensive power blades

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2008, 06:41:06 PM »
I have used the fusion for a very long time on my face and the top of the noggin.....I was just sitting here thinking and I don't believe I have EVER cut myself with the fusion since I have been using it....I did not find any real difference either between the regular fusion and the power fusion.....

GASlick

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2008, 10:49:03 PM »
I have never cut myself using a fusion.  I've gotten a couple of nicks now and again, but my head is kind of oddly shaped and I nick myself around the crown.  My head is round in the front and kind of a square on the back.

Weird, huh?