Author Topic: Fusion Convert  (Read 12625 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Fusion Convert
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 02:22:56 PM »
Best price I've found so far for Power Fusion 4 pack cartridges is $13.59.  I get 7 days.  Pre Sly my blades were 14 days or so.  Double the cost, but no $30 haircuts!  I'm ahead especially when I calculate shampoo and conditioner, special for "thin" hair.

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 06:11:39 PM »
I think I've used my Fusion on my head like.... once.. or something. I don't even think I made it all the way through the shave without picking my Headblade back up. Fusion rocks for my face, but I can't give up my headblade long enough to give it a good try on my head, lol.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2007, 10:32:09 AM »
I have a fusion manual I bought quite a while back which is unopened. I have never tried it. I agree with Cam, I can't give up the Headblade either, even to try out another razor. I have gotten so good at it, and I am getting the closest, smoothest shaves now.

GA, if you stick with it and really give it time, you will see how good it gets. Plus you'll save alot on the cost of cartridges over fusion.

Joe

Offline theebaldguy

• Sly Penguin
  • Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2007, 02:40:12 PM »
It looks like my impulsive buying bug has bitten again. I decided to spring for a Fusion Power, to see if I like it compared to the manual Fusion. I was in my local Target, and they had the Phantom version packaged with some gel. It was on the clearance shelf for $6.98. I bought two at that price!  :)
Just say no to rugs!

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2007, 05:16:35 PM »
It looks like my impulsive buying bug has bitten again. I decided to spring for a Fusion Power, to see if I like it compared to the manual Fusion. I was in my local Target, and they had the Phantom version packaged with some gel. It was on the clearance shelf for $6.98. I bought two at that price!  :)

Smart thinking Peter, I did the same thing at the local grocery store when the Fusion Manuals were priced at 6 even. I bought 4. Each Manual Fusion comes with 2 blades so I essentially got 8 for the price of 4.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2007, 08:00:23 PM »

What a deal!!!! O0  Just about like when I found the Fusion power on sale a Costco with 4 blades for $11.  That's cheaper than the blades alone.  I think I need to make another trip to Costco and look for more bargains.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2007, 09:00:28 PM »
After reading for a few weeks, I stopped on Monday and bought a fusion.  Why didn't sombody call and tell me about this! 
I gotta tell you though, with the HeadSlick and the Fusion, my head rocks!
  i talk about it occasionally from time 2 time. 

WARHAWK O0

Occasionally???????????? :o

I still use my headbladefor my first cut but I have been using my fusion power to do the finish work.

Offline froze

• Sly
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2007, 12:12:28 PM »
I have always used Fusion Power and works wonders for me!
I get almost a month from mine, but I have really soft ,fine hair!
I bought the blades off of ebay and got a bunch of them for a really good price!!

Offline theebaldguy

• Sly Penguin
  • Super Sly
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 12:32:13 PM »
Update on my Fusion Power purchase, after using it once..

I really don't care for the Power version. The shave was fine, no problem there. The handle is just too cumbersome. My fat fingers kept turning the power off in mid-shave. ::)

That happened to me at least 4 or 5 times. I think I'm probably going to stick to the Fusion manual.
Just say no to rugs!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007, 12:42:55 PM »
Update on my Fusion Power purchase, after using it once..

I really don't care for the Power version. The shave was fine, no problem there. The handle is just too cumbersome. My fat fingers kept turning the power off in mid-shave. ::)

That happened to me at least 4 or 5 times. I think I'm probably going to stick to the Fusion manual.

I had the same problem.  Just take the battery out.  I've let my battery run down and didn't replace it.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline ryebread

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2008, 11:43:11 PM »
I think I've used my Fusion on my head like.... once.. or something. I don't even think I made it all the way through the shave without picking my Headblade back up. Fusion rocks for my face, but I can't give up my headblade long enough to give it a good try on my head, lol.
What would be great is if headblade made a fusion adapter!

Offline Asher

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 06:50:16 PM »
I bought a fusion power and used it today for the first time.  great, close shave with minimal irritation.  the only things that bothered me were the thrumming of the thing in my fingers (made me feel unsteady) and that it kind of 'numbed' my head--like wherever i was shaving was vibrating and i couldn't feel the blade on my skin.  i think i pressed too hard--i couldn't tell!

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 06:47:14 AM »
I bought my fusion after about maybe a week on the market i was absolutly tired of my Mach 3 and the constant sand paper face.

the fusion is great to double with the headblade.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline cam_dvs32

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2008, 08:08:22 AM »
Is the Fusion really that good?? I would love to try it over the mach3, but here in Oz the Fusion blades are $29.99 for a 6 pack as opposed to$19.99 for an 8 pack of mach3. And I probably go through blades every few days.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2008, 03:27:27 PM »
Is the Fusion really that good?? I would love to try it over the mach3, but here in Oz the Fusion blades are $29.99 for a 6 pack as opposed to$19.99 for an 8 pack of mach3. And I probably go through blades every few days.

Cam, The Fusion is a pretty awesome shaving tool but yes you are right, the cartridges are ridiciously expensive. Sometimes Priceline has some good deals on them I have found like 15.00 for the 4 pack and 20 for the 6 pack.