Author Topic: i can't imagine U with hair...  (Read 7537 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
i can't imagine U with hair...
« on: November 09, 2007, 03:26:58 PM »
hello fellow chrome domes..... last week at work... one of my female co-workers was at a meeting with administration that showed a "film" & showed some photos of the RNs in my hospital.  anyways.... they showed a picture of me (with hair) & a few of the RNs made comments that they cannot imagine me with hair.  i guess they R used 2 my smooth noggin'. O0

so.... how 'bout u?  do u have people saying the same things 2 U?  please share your stories........

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: i can't imagine U with hair...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 03:55:22 PM »
I've just skipped a day while in the hospital and when my kids got home from school and saw the stubble they said "Dad, You gotta go shave".
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 04:29:50 PM »
If I skip a day, my boys tell me that I "need to shave my spikes." Gotta love the things kids say.

As I am only one monthish sly, I haven't really had any comments about imagining me with hair. Me with hair is still fresh in everyone's mental image of me. I'll get back to you in six months on this.  ;)
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 06:10:32 PM »
To be honest, I don't think people are used to me as being sly (only been 10 months with a 6 week hiatus to appease the Mrs.). The truth is, I just enjoy the feeling of being sly too much that I can't imagine ME with hair. I really don't think there's a whole lot of difference in how people view me.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 07:08:34 PM »

No imagination needed with this pic, circa 1996

marty22

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 12:36:33 PM »
marty22 in 1997. Here u go folks!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 02:47:38 PM by marty22 »

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 12:43:26 PM »
I'm with Schro on this one, not only can other people not imagine me with hair, but neither can I. Within the past week I've had a wife and a friend say grow it back. To which I reply, HELL NO!!!

One of the guys at work used to ask if he could see my license so he could remember what I looked like with hair. That worked.....until I got the DL pic updated.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 01:11:17 PM »
I have a guy at church who really didnt like me with the shaved head, but he said it was cool, if I liked it.  I walked up to a conversation between my wife and him and I heard him mention that he now couldnt imagine with me hair.  Same as my wife...but I did get an odd comment from my wife the other day.  We work across the street from each other...and I had on a new shirt that she hasnt seen me in yet.  I was walking across teh street and she was like..who is that old man....and i guess I had turned around and she was like OMG thats my husband...LOL...imgaine taht...Boy I let her have it good.  LOL....but she likes me being shaved. Doesnt matter if she does or not...I like it and thats the way it is going to stay. 

BALDANDRE

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 02:45:01 PM »
I think that's the best comment ever! O0

I completely take it as a compliment!

Offline SLYinKC

• Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 07:59:30 PM »

Marty, What a great transformation.  SLY was definitely the right decision for you! O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 08:25:26 PM »
I have people at work and church who can't imagine me with hair as I have only grown it back infrequently.  My stepmom used to bug me to grow it back but has quit.  But here is my pic with hair.

Offline SLYinKC

• Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 08:29:16 PM »
This past week during my hospital stay I went just a little over 2 days without shaving.  My kids were all over me to shave. However, my wife asked me how long it would take me to grow it back like I used to have it (I can't believe anyone would even think of wanting that). But I think she remembers my hair better than it was.  I really would rather not grow it back to prove it to her, though.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 08:59:21 PM »

Marty, What a great transformation.  SLY was definitely the right decision for you! O0

Ditto on that.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 09:03:08 PM »

But I think she remembers my hair better than it was.  I really would rather not grow it back to prove it to her, though.

Yes, and it's probably worse than you remember, too.  Bear in mind that you haven't seen it for what - six months or more?  If anything, the thinning will have gotten worse.   It took a long time for me to accept that I really can't grow anything significant on top anymore.  There's just enough fuzz up there that I still have to shave it every day.  It used to be that if I let it go for a day or two, it would look like some hair was growing back.  But then it would just suddenly stop while the MPB fringe area continued to grow.  That was usually the point where I'd end up shaving it all off again. 

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 10:47:25 PM »
Wise choice Marty!
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Enter your email address: