Author Topic: my new mannerism...  (Read 12980 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
my new mannerism...
« on: October 30, 2007, 10:03:20 AM »
hello fellow chrome domes..... just wondering.... since i became sly & did the deed back in april 24,2007... i've discovered that i have a new mannerism & that my new behavior is the self inflicted head rub.  i've noticed that i've been rubbing my smooooth dome while i'm driving, watching tv, hanging out with the wifey, and u name it ...i'm doing the self head rub.

anyways... how bout u?  do u find yourself doing the self head rub?  i know i'm not the only one.  what's your story?

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: my new mannerism...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 10:16:06 AM »
It's that "I just can't believe how smooth it is!!!" thing.  Great to know I'm not the only one, however, I do try to be discreet, but I catch myself doing it more and more (especially on the days with no stubble)".
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 12:50:59 PM by SLYinKC »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline SlickEric

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 10:28:15 AM »
Good morning Warhawk and SLYinKC O0

I'm an "every other day" headshaver so  I'm always checkin' my dome out to see how smooth it is.
Of course when it's nearing the velcro stage, I'm not too content.
But on the days when I get a smooth close shave, I'm always giving my noggin a quick "self head rub".
And I also noticed that I get more head rubs from my female coworkers when I'm shaved smooth. ;D

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 10:29:17 AM »
just got off the phone with the wifey...and she just added some more on the "honey-do list". >:(  anyways....as i was talking with her...guess what....yeah...i was doing the self head rub, again.  i guess that is a natural behavior when u have a slick noggin.   O0

btw...slickeric...good morning 2 u also & kool looking specs ya got there. O:O  well guys.... gotta go & start on that "honey-do list".  atleast this is my off day. O0  well guys... i'll  c  ya  later!!!

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 11:17:39 AM »
HAHA, I constantly do this when I am in deep thought or my focus is encompassed by something.

I also will rub my head and hit a rough patch and immediately go to the bathroom and give it a little scrape to smooth it out.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 11:46:23 AM »
I've noticed that I do it at work A LOT! Some one will come to my desk with a question and I will lean back in my chair with my hands behind me head. Inevitably one of my hands gets loose and I start to rub my dome.

Marz - I do notice some rough patches from time to time, but I don't have a razor at work, so I just had to let it be. I'm sure if I had one here I'd be making a trip to the restroom. :)
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

JohnMont

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 12:26:10 PM »
I've always had similar mannerisms; stroking my beard; scratching my head ... usually during activities like reading; watching tv, etc.   now with a smooth dome, rubbing it during such times has become a habit. 

With me its not really a new habit; just an addition to already set habits / tendencies .

John

Offline theebaldguy

• Sly Penguin
  • Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 12:47:07 PM »
I do the self head rub as well. Gotta check to make sure it's still smooth!  O:O

Of course any nearby ladies are welcome to help me check, but so far no takers.  :-\
Just say no to rugs!

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 04:17:43 PM »
I do it myself. Such manirisms bring you back to yourself. It' s not the worst one.

J

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 06:55:23 PM »
All I can say is "Guilty"!!!!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »
I catch myself quite often, especially when thinking of something, when reading or just to check out the smoothness, or stubble, lol.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 05:54:37 PM »
Oh yes.

marty22

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 06:07:40 PM »
I check it out at least 3-5 times a day and especially when getting shaved.

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 06:38:22 PM »
I rub mine all the time.  A lot ot the time Ill add, "Man, I need a shave! Like to add that in late afternoon when I start to get a shade of stubble.  It gets the laughs at work.

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 07:17:32 PM »
I've got that habit, too.

Sometimes I find myself "palming" my head like it's a basketball. Just kind of holding onto my bald head (not that it's going anywhere). I guess it's a sort of a one-handed way of putting my hands behind my head.
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.