Author Topic: Styptic Pens  (Read 9437 times)

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Styptic Pens
« on: October 30, 2007, 08:03:43 AM »
The front of the package says NO STING!  BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Xo! :Xo! :Xo!
I bought a styptic pen just cause I have never bought one before.  Well guess what....I had to use it this morning.  THAT sh*t BURNS!  I wet the tip and prepared myself for it NOT TO BURN..I thought I was going to crap my pants.  But ...it worked....the bleeding stopped immediately. I am impressed....so I dunno...does anyone else use styptic pens?

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Styptic Pens
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 08:12:37 AM »
I use a styptic pen once in a while and yes they do sting.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 08:13:53 AM »
I use them too from time to time. I'll have to look at the package, but I don't recall mine having a no burn disclaimer. That being said, it does sting a little bit when I use it. Its not too bad though. The sting is a small price to pay because they stop the bleeding pronto.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 09:39:37 AM »
timmy....funny that u mentioned about the styptic pen.  anyways..... i just went 2 my "shaving cabinet" & took out my unused styptic pencil (clubman pinaud) & i read the package.  it states:  "stops bleeding fast, sting free".  fortunately....i haven't had 2 use the styptic pencil (knock on wood).  i have it as "insurance" just in case.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 10:35:41 AM »
I just bought a new one the other day.  They do sting  g@@4 but are worth it when it comes to stopping the bleeding.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 11:19:50 AM »
Just bought one last week.  It's still in the package, since I haven't nicked myself since buying it.  Thanks for the info.  At least now I'll be prepared.  I'll still use it.  But I'll brace myself for the sting.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 12:27:27 PM »
I haven't needed one yet, thankfully, but I will pick one up to be prepared, in case I do get a bad nick on the noggin.

I do get them every now and then on the neck area, however.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 03:17:48 PM »
The one I have is the same one Warhawk has it does say sting free but it does sting a little but not to the extent that your saying, buck up and take it(j/k) or quit nicking the dome. :*))

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 03:22:34 PM »
Just throwing this out there, but could it be that your head is more sensitive than your face?

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 04:06:50 PM »
I use cayenne pepper powder on all my cuts, and styptic pens hurt more in my opinion.

Offline Bald_Okie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 02:27:37 PM »
Does the styptic pen work better than liquid band aid?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 02:35:09 PM »
I've got a very small bottle of liquid stiptic "pencil" that I've had for more years than I can count.  It stings, but on face cuts it works great, and I used it successfully when I have had one or two dings on the old dome since going sly in October 07.  I've got half a bottle left, and not many dings to work w/.  I hope they keep making it, the old white sticks corrode in the humid climate here and when you need it, it's just a pile of goop.  Past experience on my face says "Don't blot after applying w/ a t-shirt!"  It leaves a LASTING stain, although before mixing w/ blood it's clear.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 02:42:17 PM »
Does the styptic pen work better than liquid band aid?

I don't know if they work better.  But, you don't have the residue left behind that liquid band aid leaves.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 09:13:07 PM »
ALL in ALL the SOB's sting...no matter what LOL  but they are good.

Offline GATMOG

• Sly Jr.
  • serious sly is serious!!
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 01:46:51 AM »
bought two as insurance, but ironically the cuts stopped as soon as I realized what was coming if I sliced myself  :*))

hope to never use em!