Author Topic: Sorry:I have to grow now  (Read 4853 times)

Offline handlebar

• Sly
Sorry:I have to grow now
« on: October 29, 2007, 05:57:37 PM »
Well my fellow sly guys:I will have to admit defeat and grow my hair back.Since the balding experience began,i have been plagued by headaches since going bald due to the cold.I lose a lot of heat from my head and don't want to always wear a hat.
So starting today i will be growing the insulation back.

I know:I failed.But after having a headache for the last 3 days straight,i'll do anything to remedy that.

Jim

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
Re: Sorry:I have to grow now
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 06:09:42 PM »
I wouldn't call sly induced headaches failure. I don't think anyone here expects you to suffer in order to stay sly. You can always shave again when the weather warms up.

We will still like you with hair Handlbar, just not as much. :)
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 06:20:08 PM »
Your health has gotta come first handle...but ya are gonna stick around, aren't ya?
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

BALDANDRE

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 06:22:00 PM »
Yup...just be a warm weather SLY guy...now worries...inspring you can go into a barbershop and tell your barber to shave your head completely bald...

very fun when it's full of customers!

Stick around bro...you've tasted sly...you'll be back! 8)

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 07:24:57 PM »
Sorry to hear about the headaches.  Hey, you could always move to a warmer climate.  LOL...  Hope you will still hang around let us know how you're doing.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 07:27:49 PM »
I shaved my head on a couple of different occasions before I made it my permanent look.  One time was in late spring or early summer, and I found myself getting headaches when I prespired.   The whole back of my head would get damp and it would cause a headache.  All I can say is that eventually the problem went away.  Maybe if you try again when the weather is warmer, by the time autumn rolls around again, you'll be used to it and it won't be a problem anymore.

I never had much of a problem with the cold.  The first time I got a buzz cut, it was in the winter time and I noticed a huge difference -- the back of my head really felt cold.  But I did not notice any difference between the buzz cut and completely shaved.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 07:54:23 PM »
No failure your just temparally fixing a small problem.

Like everyone else said don't go anywhere
Like Andre said "you've got the taste"
Your still sly at heart for now O0

JohnMont

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 08:00:21 PM »

NOOOOOOOOO  ! ! ! !

Aw man, you look great sly; what a shame !

Take my advice about experimenting with cool hats !

Don't grow it back ! ! 

Now after my initial upset;  yeah; it's too bad you are growing it back, cause it looks great.  Sorry about the headaches !    Do what you think is best and stick around; you are a great contributor to the forum.

John

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 08:27:30 PM »
Your health has gotta come first handle...but ya are gonna stick around, aren't ya?

Paul is a very quotable dude !!!

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 08:51:21 PM »
jim.....sorry 2 hear that u will  b  growing your hair back but that's why they invented hats & shelter.  if u have a hat or beanie & shelter....u should b headache-free.  am i right??  when going outside...u could temporarily wear a hat or beanie 2 protect the noggin from the cold air.  once u get indoors....u can remove the headwear...& show off the slick noggin'.  SO THERE....PROBLEM SOLVED.   O0

jim...whatever decision that u make... u got the support of the sly brahs.  hope u stick around.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline jasonfieber

• Wish I was on a beach...
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald For Life
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 09:25:20 PM »
Sorry to hear you're growin it back, can't say I blame ya though. I hope it all works out in the end for ya, and keep us updated on the headache situation!
When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 09:53:14 PM »
Jim thats cool, well sorta...but hey you are still a sly bro ...right?? Yes you are.  You have to do what ever is best for your health.  Aint no fun tryin to joke around with someone who has a headache....I have tried that before and ended up with a black eye.  If I do that I will have to paint my face white and become a skull! LOL
Good luck and hope this relieves yoru problem with head ache.  See ya around and you had better post in here often....even if it is just to say hey.
Tim

Offline handlebar

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 10:09:23 PM »
Thanks ever so much fellas for the kind words and positive thoughts!! I think i might be a sly bald fella during the spring and summer.I have tried the hat thing in ll situations and i find myself wearing it too much.Sort of negates the ability to show off that bald head if i'm always wearing a hat! LOL
So i will play it out and see what transpires.

And i will still be around.Just because i'm letting some hair grow doesn't mean i will be a shaggy dog! Maybe just grow enough hair to stop the headaches.

Jim

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 02:49:46 AM »
Jim

You look great sly but obviously you need to do what you must. Sly for summer, hair for winter? Well, why not? The best of both worlds I guess - whatever you decide to do though, don't be a stranger.  O0
His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 06:34:19 AM »
I really liked the sly look with the handlebar stache, however, slyness should not be at the cost of comfort. Stick around and don't be a stranger.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.