Author Topic: Major Head Bleeding  (Read 13284 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Major Head Bleeding
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 02:57:18 PM »
Let us know how how it goes Bizzle. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Bizzle

• Sly Guy in Training
  • You can Socratic my Method, baby
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 07:19:59 PM »
Salutations Sly Guys,

Just took a shower using an exfoliating wash (CVS brand Gentle Exfoliating Wash), and I'm feeling more or less good. My head pulls a bit less when it's rubbed now, so I think it's working pretty well. I'm gonna wait till either tomorrow or in a couple of days until I shave again though.

I actually saw a HeadBlade at the CVS, and it looks slicker than a mother. But God almighty, the prices on the blades! And I'm pretty sure they didn't have the blades that the HeadBlade needs. I'm itching like a dog to get it, but I'm gonna see if I can get my money's worth with the rest of my Bic blades, and I'm gonna check to see if I can get the right blades for it.

This bald stuff is pretty hard work, here's hoping it's worth it.

Optimistic,
Bizzle

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 08:49:59 PM »
It is worth it

once you get the right gear and routine it will all be better O0 O0 O0

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 01:02:03 PM »
Salutations Sly Guys,

Just took a shower using an exfoliating wash (CVS brand Gentle Exfoliating Wash), and I'm feeling more or less good. My head pulls a bit less when it's rubbed now, so I think it's working pretty well. I'm gonna wait till either tomorrow or in a couple of days until I shave again though.

I actually saw a HeadBlade at the CVS, and it looks slicker than a mother. But God almighty, the prices on the blades! And I'm pretty sure they didn't have the blades that the HeadBlade needs. I'm itching like a dog to get it, but I'm gonna see if I can get my money's worth with the rest of my Bic blades, and I'm gonna check to see if I can get the right blades for it.

This bald stuff is pretty hard work, here's hoping it's worth it.

Optimistic,
Bizzle

Bizzle, the Headblade is compatable with either Gillette Atra or Gillette Sensor blades, which are both readily available at most places you can get razor blades.  I bought a 5-pack of Sensor Excel blades today at my nearby Wal-Mart for 8 bucks, and I think the Atra's are cheaper than that.  My HB is probably the best investment I've made in my headcare, I just wish I had a Sport model.

Offline Bizzle

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 01:40:06 PM »
Damn, damn.

Just tried shaving again, and my head still came out completely bloody. Chalk one more to fate. At least it's not *as* bloody as it was before, so maybe I have to give it a while longer. Maybe it is the blade, I dunno.

Oh well. Thanks anyway for your help, guys.

Disappointed,
Bizzle

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 02:40:54 PM »
was it healed all the way or still bumpy?

You might have just re-injured your head.

At least its better...
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Bizzle

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 03:00:20 PM »
Hey Marz,

Yeah, I think I just totally messed up my scalp here, or at least re-injured it a bunch. I threw a lot of alcohol on my head and kept wiping it down with a towel, and it burned when i put moisturizer on. it burned like crazy when I took a shower. Now it feels tight and it still hurts a bit. I'm pretty worried I might have done something.

Damn damn. I don't think I'm gonna mess with my head again for a while.

Bah,
Bizzle

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 04:00:55 PM »
I doubt you damaged your head, the scalp is pretty resilient.

take a break and let it heal up completely and give it a go with the latest method once it is back in good shape.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Bald Jedi

• Ephesians 6:10-18
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • Go Big or Go Home!!
    • Saber Idol
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2007, 09:18:00 AM »
Hang in there my friend!!

Once you start down the Bald path...forever will it dominate your destiny!!
NEVER GIVE UP.
NEVER BACK DOWN.
NEVER LOSE FAITH!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007, 02:34:21 PM »
Just a suggestion to think about.  This may be related to acne, so just stick to buzzing at #0 for a week or so.  Once the healing has reached  just red bumps, get some 10% benzoyl peroxide and use it twice a day after washing with a mild antiseptic soap or an acne soap.  Then once it's healed nicely, start again, BUT after every shave use the 10% benzoyl peroxide as the first ointment after you dry your head.  After it drys, some non-oily scalp treatment w/o alcohol, Nivea for example. 
As I said, just a suggestion, but I've had bad skin all my life and until benzoyl peroxide came up I had pimples all the time especially in the beard area but not since using it.  I've also been using it on my scalp since I started slying my head, and so far clean & clear, and it's three weeks.

Offline Bizzle

• Sly Guy in Training
WOOOAAAHHH
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2007, 04:48:18 PM »
HOLY SHITAKE

Alright, here's how it went:

I'm coming home after taking the bus, right? My bus stop is right in front of CVS, and as I'm walking home, I look back.

"Eh. You know what? I guess I will check out this 'HeadBlade' stuff everyone's talking about."

So I get a Sport HB and head home. I take my shower, exfoliate my head, use the HeadSlick that comes with the blade, pop it on my finger, and take a deep breath...

HOLY

MOTHER

OF

GOD
(pardon my language)

Absolutely no bleeding, no problems, and it was THE CLOSEST SHAVE I EVER HAD. Seriously, my head is a goddamn cueball now. Completly smooth, no irritation, no aftereffects, 100% perfect all across the board.

Try to picture a naked bald black guy running through his house screaming with joy.

actually, don't.

And I got no one to thank but you guys. Should've taken your advice in the first place. I think I'm gonna be pretty happy with this from now on. Thanks a million Sly guys! Now, I got a head to polish.

Stayin' Sly til I die,
Bizzle

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 05:05:13 PM »
Glad to hear that you had such an awesome experience with the HB. It truly is a great razor.

Keep it Sly!
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 05:10:07 PM »
I love happy endings ::)
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2007, 07:07:40 PM »
I love happy endings ::)
SAP!! $@y

Hey Bizzle, congrats on the pain free Sly you.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

X The Hierophant

Re: WOOOAAAHHH
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2007, 08:14:23 PM »
HOLY sh*tAKE

Alright, here's how it went:

I'm coming home after taking the bus, right? My bus stop is right in front of CVS, and as I'm walking home, I look back.

"Eh. You know what? I guess I will check out this 'HeadBlade' stuff everyone's talking about."

So I get a Sport HB and head home. I take my shower, exfoliate my head, use the HeadSlick that comes with the blade, pop it on my finger, and take a deep breath...

HOLY

MOTHER

OF

GOD
(pardon my language)

Absolutely no bleeding, no problems, and it was THE CLOSEST SHAVE I EVER HAD. Seriously, my head is a goddamn cueball now. Completly smooth, no irritation, no aftereffects, 100% perfect all across the board.

Try to picture a naked bald black guy running through his house screaming with joy.

actually, don't.

And I got no one to thank but you guys. Should've taken your advice in the first place. I think I'm gonna be pretty happy with this from now on. Thanks a million Sly guys! Now, I got a head to polish.

Stayin' Sly til I die,
Bizzle

Nice.  HB is a great product!  O0

Enter your email address: