Author Topic: Shaving an Irregular Head  (Read 5556 times)

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
Shaving an Irregular Head
« on: October 28, 2007, 12:35:02 PM »
I need the help of the group on something.  Ever since I was a kid I have had a big valley in the back of my head, the unfortunate reminder of a childhood experience with a deck and a cinder block.  I used to really love it, since it gives my baseball caps a nice place to catch onto, but the problem is that I haven't really been able to shave it that well, since my Headblade just jumps over it, leaving me with what can best be described as a moustache in the back of my head.  Does anyone else have this kind of problem?  How do you handle it?

Here's a visual aid (apologies for the bad quality, it's hard to take a photo of the back of your own head without a mirror)...

EDIT: Almost forgot, I'm using a Headblade Classic with Sensor-type 3-blade and Edge gel.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Shaving an Irregular Head
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 12:54:16 PM »
Hey brutha, I don't have the same problem, but one thing you might be able to do is use the extra blade on the Fusion to help you shave that area.  I know that sucks since you use the HeadBlade on your head, but it's the only blade I can think of that is small enough to get in there and get the hair.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Stevo

• Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 12:56:16 PM »
I thought about the Fusion, but I don't like the idea of buying one for such a small piece of real estate.  I might just have to use my beard trimmer to get in there.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 02:04:01 PM »
I thought about the Fusion, but I don't like the idea of buying one for such a small piece of real estate.  I might just have to use my beard trimmer to get in there.

That's a good idea also.

You could also use an old school safety razor.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 03:00:44 PM »
I like the idea T. has but your idea might work.

Offline Asher

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 09:57:33 PM »
i know everyone here is relatively against it, but what about nair?  maybe dab a line of it across the ridge, let it set, wipe it off?  it's a cream so it will definitely get in there. 

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 10:09:25 PM »
i know everyone here is relatively against it, but what about nair?  maybe dab a line of it across the ridge, let it set, wipe it off?  it's a cream so it will definitely get in there. 
blue.....STAY AWAY FROM THE NAIR..... u might as well splash gasoline on the noggin' & throw some matches.
 p0@^ p0@^

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 04:27:38 PM »
Hey Blue, what you may want to try is using a double blade hand held razor like the sensor, they are very thin and should be able to get in if you hold the skin taut.
If you don't want to go buy the sensor (if they even still sell them), maybe try one of the disposables. The Gillette custom plus works very well.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

PS-  As Warhawk says, definitely DO NOT use Nair!!    :/O

Offline Stevo

• Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 04:32:29 PM »
Hey Blue, what you may want to try is using a double blade hand held razor like the sensor, they are very thin and should be able to get in if you hold the skin taut.
If you don't want to go buy the sensor (if they even still sell them), maybe try one of the disposables. The Gillette custom plus works very well.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

PS-  As Warhawk says, definitely DO NOT use Nair!!    :/O

I think I'll try that next time.  I still have a Sensor handle, and I use Sensor blades in my HB, so I might just switch back to double blades across the board and go back to using 2 razors.

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 07:52:25 PM »
Use tweezers - rip those hairs out by the roots!! O0

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 03:50:44 PM »
I need the help of the group on something.  Ever since I was a kid I have had a big valley in the back of my head, the unfortunate reminder of a childhood experience with a deck and a cinder block.  I used to really love it, since it gives my baseball caps a nice place to catch onto, but the problem is that I haven't really been able to shave it that well, since my Headblade just jumps over it, leaving me with what can best be described as a moustache in the back of my head.  Does anyone else have this kind of problem?  How do you handle it?

Here's a visual aid (apologies for the bad quality, it's hard to take a photo of the back of your own head without a mirror)...

EDIT: Almost forgot, I'm using a Headblade Classic with Sensor-type 3-blade and Edge gel.

I have the same thing but not to the degree as yours if you can't pull the skin over so you can reach it, I also shave side to side and at angles!

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 07:22:23 PM »
I've got similar, but not as well-defined.

Side-to-side is a good method.

Also, bending my head down to my chest stretches the skin a bit.

And as a final help, stretching the skin taut -- either at that spot, or stretch your skin from back to front.
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 07:33:58 PM »
I say just grow that hair and only that hair out ....when it gets long enough you can braid it....................... >:D

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 07:54:34 AM »
TimmJ,

You crack me up!
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 08:03:27 AM »
WELL??????? >:D

You gotta have a little fun ...right??  LOL