Author Topic: ATTENTION all headbladers...  (Read 3509 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
ATTENTION all headbladers...
« on: October 27, 2007, 12:55:24 PM »
hello fellow chrome domes....if  u  r  a headblader... i wanted 2 share with u this new type of razor that i never saw b4.  let me know what u guys think:

http://bestgroomingtools.com/striglia-head-shaver-dovo-p-578.html

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: ATTENTION all headbladers...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 01:03:51 PM »
Looks too complicated trying to figure out which finger goes in which loop.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 01:08:16 PM »
Hey Warhawk, I have seen that razor a long time ago. I don't think that I'd try it myself, because one ot the key features of the HeadBlade Classic is the plastic nub on the back, it helps to prevent putting too much unwanted pressure which could lead to cuts. The same is true with the Sport model however instead of a plastic nub you have wheels, which basicly do the same thing as the nub, accept the wheels allow the HeadBlade glide accross your dome much nicer that the nub.
I don't see such a feature on this razor, I think that you will end up putting too much pressure directly on the blade and ooohhhh the pain!!
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 01:14:14 PM »
I've actually had one of these in my hands but I've never tried it on my head.  The one thing that was pointed out to me was that the adaptor that holds the blade on doesn't fit on the Dovo very well.  So, the razor is really loose.  Also, to Tom's point, there wasn't a piece to help balance the pressure on your scalp.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 01:30:05 PM »
These have been around for a while. Not very good from what I understand.

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 03:28:22 PM »
Looks like it would make a wonderful piece of modern art, but it's not something I'd want to let near my head.

Offline Uncle Fester

• Fester says...
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 08:18:31 AM »
Hey Warhawk...I got one of these Dovo head shavers about three weeks ago and I've used it about two or three times.  The shave is real close...probably because of the high quality Merkur blades that I ordered along with it.  Problem is...I never used it and finished "nick-free."  It's a tricky gadget and, in my opinion, not as good as the headblade.  It is a neat-looking little thing and certainly worth twenty bucks if you want to add something to your head-shaving gear bag.
Smoothly,
Uncle Fester
When I'm dead and gone, no one will give a rat's ass about what kind of car I drove or what kind of house I lived in.  All that will matter is that I positively impacted the life of a child.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 08:31:26 AM »
I wouldnt trust them..I like the plastic nub on the headblade to help control pressure....so with that said...Im ordering one for everyone in here for Christmas!  Have a Bloody Merry Christmas Y'all!  LOL