Author Topic: Strikeforce - MMA Cung Le vs Mike Altman  (Read 3854 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Strikeforce - MMA Cung Le vs Mike Altman
« on: November 20, 2006, 02:11:00 AM »
I was at this fight earlier this year.  Cung Le is a local favorite in this area and had quite a following at HP Pavilion that night.  My wife is friends with one of the owners of his clubs in Santa Clara and I've worked out there a couple of times.  Unfortunately they've moved from being 2 blocks from my place to some other location.  Here's the fight I watched when he beat bald man Mike Altman.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/I4QdFcWOwOs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/I4QdFcWOwOs</a>

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Strikeforce - MMA Cung Le vs Mike Altman
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 02:15:17 AM »
I found this on http://www.lockflow.com regarding the fight that night:

Strikeforce is a world-class mixed martial arts cage fight promotion that, on Friday, March 10th, made history with its "Shamrock vs. Gracie" event, the first sanctioned mixed martial arts fight card in California state history. The star-studded extravaganza, which pitted legendary champion Frank Shamrock against Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt Cesar Gracie at San Jose's HP Pavilion, played host to 18,265 fans, the largest-ever attendance at a mixed martial arts fight card held in North America.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline seanc7nyc

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 11:53:17 AM »
Imagine getting hit with that spinning back kick in the gut?  Ouch.

I'm still dying to go to my first pro mma event.  It's so damn expensive.  The wife isn't having it.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 10:32:00 PM »
I'm still dying to go to my first pro mma event. It's so damn expensive. The wife isn't having it.
Don't rush going pro.  I have a buddy who did, and he is kicking himself now, because he is stuck in the pro class now and can't do any amateur fights now.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Enter your email address: