Author Topic: problem  (Read 2029 times)

Offline juniorwilhelm

• Sly Guy in Training
problem
« on: October 20, 2007, 12:41:16 PM »
I only eat about once a day and i work nights,
A bunch of you have heard of my problem about the head  shaving for the cruise which I think i may have solved. but I also need to lose a few pounds for this cruise, and this is for me and only me. I could careless what people think of the noggin but I realy don't want to be hangin around the ship with my gut hangin out, so I have a year from this week to get in great shape what can I do to get in shape that fits in with my once a day eating working nights lifestyle

FAT SLY GUY
                                                             juniorwilhelm

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: problem
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 02:37:01 PM »
I only eat about once a day ....

Eating only once a day is bad for the metabolism.  You should eat 5 or 6 small meals a day, every 3 to 4 hours, to keep your metabolism working efficiently.  This also keeps your hypoglycemic levels steady instead of the peaks and valleys it will experience if you go too long between meals.  Also, eating more frequently keeps you from getting too hungry and makes it less likely that you'll binge at the next meal.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 03:20:52 PM »
Saint and Razor have it right, stay away from "white" foods and refined sugars, and please eat more than once a day, VERY bad for you. It negates what ever else you might be doing.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 11:39:38 AM »
I agree with everything said here so far.

I have been dropping pounds myself after an over indulgent summer.

A couple of things that have worked for me in practice:

Eat earlier; I have to force myself to eat breakfast but it keeps me from cheating at 10:00am. Also keeping some Carrot sticks or Celery around helps if you want something to munch on. If you are going to eat a substantial meal once a day, try to make it lunch instead of dinner, dont go to bed with your belly the fullest it has been all day.

I keep my calories down to about 2000 per day.

Work out for at least 1/2 hour per day. Full body or large muscle group exercises are the best to keep your body burning calories throughout the day.

Along with the no fast food no white stuff as mentioned above, I try to not eat anything out of a package. Although Trader Joes does have some good alternatives (low cal, low fat, low carb).

Be careful of beverages. Some of these can appear to be "juice" or "Healthy" but are equal to half a cheesecake in a bottle. Water is always a good bet.

READ LABELS! Read the label of anything you put in your body. If it doesn't have a label it should be something you know to be ok for you.

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

BALDANDRE

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 02:23:44 PM »
Dude...

the once a day meal is the deal that is keeping you fat...

you're on starvation mode! i have heard a bunch of times suma-wrestlers eat one HUGE meal a day!

You have to eat at least 5-6 times a day...

then you're body will get rid of the food because it knows it will get more in a couple of hours...

THAT'S a big one bro...

and perimiter shop the grocery stores..

Those are basic ones..

good luck!