Author Topic: tattoo history  (Read 2231 times)

Offline juniorwilhelm

• Sly Guy in Training
tattoo history
« on: October 20, 2007, 12:33:11 PM »
my tattoos consist of marvin the martian on my left upper arm, black panther on my right upper arm, an aztec looking sun on my right calf. and a fire band with the chinease symbol for fire in the center on my right forearm. and to explain the fire band, I was a fire fighter for 9 years. and being a firefighter completley changed my life, I was headed dn the wrong path that most of are tempted by. so they were my first true brotherhood that possibly saved my life

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: tattoo history
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 03:01:53 PM »
I like ink with a history like that junior. Thanks for sharing.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 03:27:31 PM »
It is interesting to hear the reason / history behind peoples ink.

Mine....

Small bat on upper left shoulder that is nearly inviable now, india ink and a needle done by myself while living away from home at 16.

Skull with a top hat on right arm - Got it when I was 18 at Rickys in Alameda, turned the corner onto webster and a guy was running accross the street beween cars and I hit him (on accident... not my fault and he was a drug dealer... gave the cops my statement and proceeded to the tatt shop.

Moon with a bear on my back, got it with my wife on valentines days about 6 years before we were married on valentines day. We recently got them recolored.

Scotttish family badge on my belly, bottom of sternum to the top of my pubes. about 10 hours in the chair and the color is not even finished yet. Tatts on your belly hurt. When I wear no shirt I scare people.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 09:28:56 PM »
When I went to Haiti as one of the team members of our Mission group.  One of the team leaders is a real wild and fun guy.  This guy has opened for Metallica and played back up for Rush and Journey..just to name a few..oh yeah  and STIX...I actually got to meet one of the Stix band members at his house a few years ago...but anyways.  There was a select few that decided to get a tattoo of an aztec like sun just to make a marking and a remembrance of our mission trip.  They had made appointments months ahead of time to get them done at Miami Ink.  They got in...got their tattoo's.  I wanted to get one on my back shoulder but I got the evil eye from my wife everytime the subject was brought up.  She even made me promise her as I was going thru security at the airport that I wouldnt get the tattoo.  What do you do??? So I promised her...and its not like I could have just went adn done it...because my daughter was with me and I almost went for it....but Chelsea looked at me with the eyes of her mother...and I was like ohh alright....but i am still thinkign of doing it.  We are all going to Haiti again in October of this year.....so any pointers on how I can convience my wife to let me get one without hating me for doing it?  The tattoos are tasteful and no larger than a 2 inch square.....I really would like to have one.  Maybe i should go get one of those fake tattoos and wear it for a while to  show her that they are good.  I dunno..what do you all think?