Author Topic: UFC Fights  (Read 4766 times)

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
UFC Fights
« on: November 19, 2006, 10:17:54 AM »
So who watch UFC 65 last night.  I disappointed to see Monson lose to Sylvia, but I thought there was some outstanding fights.

"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: UFC Fights
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 10:59:16 AM »
Didn't watch, but caught the news this morning.  Though Hughes is one of my favorites, I'm kinda glad Hughes got that smirk wiped off his mug.  There's a line some guys cross where they begin to think they're unbeatable.  I think Hughes needed that wake up call.  Knock outs and submissions are of course always more exciting.

Monson's a freak of nature.  I'm glad Silvia beat him.  I don't get the feeling that Silvia needs that reality check (YET).

Always good stuff, man....can't wait untill I can take my wife to one LIVE!!

Any tips on getting tickets, like, WAY in advance??

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 01:44:20 PM »
Man, I hate Sylvia.  He drives me nuts.  He doesn't have much talent, in my opinion, but he is so full of himself.  I have to admit after last night I have some respect for his takedown defense.
http://www.ufcfightclub.com/ will be an option to buy tickets “pre-sale.”  They use to shoot emails out to everyone advising of tickets going on sale and offer to sale tickets to select people before they hit the general public, but now I have the impression you need to join the “Fight Club.”  Typically you can buy tickets the day after an event for the next upcoming event (if that makes any sense.)
Ortiz vs Liddell floor seats are still available.  Going for $1,000 plus Ticketmaster’s surcharges and normal taxes.  Upper level start at about $500.  I am trying to convince my wife we need to go to Japan to watch a Pride fight since their fights tend to be a bit more economical.  ;)
good luck, hope it helps

Offline seanc7nyc

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 01:36:35 AM »
That was a great card...  I'm so pumped for GSP.  One of the nicest guys in the sport.  I have respect for Hughes, but I also like seeing him get humbled.   He can be such a jerk at times.  I still can't believe how badly he got beat.  I knew GSP had a good chance to win, but that was a serious beating.

I too was impressed with Sylvia's takedown defense.  He's a little bit more talented than people give him credit for.  But personality wise, he's a dumbass.

And I can't wait to see Brandon Vera take Sylvia out.  He's going to be too quick on his feet for big tim.  I bet he chops him down with a barrage of kicks.  He'll eat some jabs along the way, but I'm certain he has the tools to take him.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 08:06:45 PM »
And I can't wait to see Brandon Vera take Sylvia out.  He's going to be too quick on his feet for big tim.  I bet he chops him down with a barrage of kicks.  He'll eat some jabs along the way, but I'm certain he has the tools to take him.

I agree.   I think Vera is going Kick Timmy's head in several times before Timmy knows what hit him.

I actually like Matt Hughes, but he is should a prick.  But with a 42-5 record he kinda has the right to be one.  It was good to see GSP dish out some humble pie.  I look forward to Hughes working his way back to win his belt back.

Offline seanc7nyc

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 11:46:52 AM »
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how Hughes reacts.  I could see him getting the belt back just as easily as I could see him walking away from competition. 

And even though I enjoyed watching Hughes lose, his comeback/slam on Trigg is still one of my favorite mma moments of all time.  The guy's a gladiator.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 10:33:57 PM »
I see him coming back a lot like Liddel did.

Offline seanc7nyc

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 12:13:26 AM »
Looks like he's on his way, apparently he's already requested a rematch.  Can't wait to see that one.

Enter your email address: