Author Topic: yes or no  (Read 5622 times)

Offline juniorwilhelm

• Sly Guy in Training
yes or no
« on: October 18, 2007, 03:06:34 PM »
heres the deal, I am going on a  cruise in October of 08, and as soon as we started booking  and payed the deposit, I knew it was coming my wife asked "can you pretty please grow ur hair back for the cruise, I saw some pics of you from the last one and it was so cute"
 well my first instinct was to say no cause i told her after the last cruise that it was coming off and staying off, and it has,
  but do you think it might be a good to grow it back just for a coulple months for the cruise. cause she doesn't hate it but she sure doesn't love it

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: yes or no
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 03:25:35 PM »
heres the deal, I am going on a  cruise in October of 08, and as soon as we started booking  and payed the deposit, I knew it was coming my wife asked "can you pretty please grow ur hair back for the cruise, I saw some pics of you from the last one and it was so cute"
 well my first instinct was to say no cause i told her after the last cruise that it was coming off and staying off, and it has,
  but do you think it might be a good to grow it back just for a coulple months for the cruise. cause she doesn't hate it but she sure doesn't love it

I don't think you'll find too many guys here that will encourage you to grow it back.  But, you and your wife are a couple and it may be best to compromise with her for the long haul.  Does she know how much you like the look?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 05:14:28 PM »
junior.....one thing about being married is that  "C" word, us married guys call compromise. 
however.....i would definitely express 2 your wifey that u really luv your new look & that u really want 2 keep it.  thankfully....my wifey supports & encourages my new look. heck she helps shave my noggin' 75% of the time. O0

anyways...hope your wife will support your new look, instead of discourage it.  keep us posted on your upcoming decision.  hopefully.....u  can keep it sly. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 05:36:23 PM »
I think since she doesn't "mind" it ...why?

Does she think people looking at you on the cruise will think of you differently? Doesn't make sense for the request to just be fore a vacation..

The only time I a did a grow back was for our wedding, and that was MY choice...two months into the 'growout" my wife looked at me at dinner and said "hair" just isn't YOU...I think you should shave it! Next day i was billard ball smooth and satyed like that for every BIG day since..

why would I grow it...it's me....

isn't being bald, YOU...would you ask her to cut it for a trip or special event?

Keep it slick and smooth brutha...does she love you... or the hair ... the hair you "used" to have?

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 06:07:04 PM »
well grow it out can mean 1/4" fuzz or a full on hairdo.

I think a little fuzz is a good compromise.

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Jdogs Better Half

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 07:21:46 PM »
If you grow it back "this one time", she will prob ask Oh we have a wedding we are invited to coming up, can you grow it back again, you did for the cruise......there will always be something  :*)) :*)) :*))

I would leave it as it is, especially if she knows it makes you happy!!

Hope Jdoggy isn't reading this, in-case I ever ask him to grow his back!!!

Offline Jdogs Better Half

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 07:24:05 PM »
If you grow it back "this one time", she will prob ask Oh we have a wedding we are invited to coming up, can you grow it back again, you did for the cruise......there will always be something  :*)) :*)) :*))

I would leave it as it is, especially if she knows it makes you happy!!

Hope Jdoggy isn't reading this, in-case I ever ask him to grow his back!!!
[/color]

wooot wooot that was my 100th post  >:D >:D >:D[/color][/glow][/glow]

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 10:16:49 PM »
jdogs better half....congrats on your 100th post.   O0  let's go 4 another 100. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 04:46:08 AM »
Keep it slick, it's who you are and people who love us should support who we are not what they would like us to be.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

shakf

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 04:53:12 AM »
I don't think my wife would ask me to grow it back now, she is very comfortable with the SLY look now. Although my cousin is getting married in Feb sometime. Maybe one of my relatives might ask me then. My main concern is to shift the gut and the love handles before then to be honest.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 06:47:39 AM »
I'd say to keep it. If you do it this time, next time your wife will say "Well, you did it for the cruise..."

The sly look is part of who you are.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 11:37:53 AM »
Seriously who wears the trousers in this house?

J/k  :D But dont grow it back or she will have you for ever then....
I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 11:50:42 AM »
You two have to sit down and you have to impress upon her that this is not a fad or a whim, this is the new you and she is going to have to get comfortable with it. Or like Jesse's Better Half said she will request it for every occasion.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 05:50:38 PM »
take the dress off and stand up bro. A couple of others have siad it right if you do it now whats next????????

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 07:33:02 PM »
That's a hard one.  You've always gotta compromise in marriage.  I'd see how bad she wants you to do it and let her know about your feelings.  If she really feels stronly about it, this might be the time to bargain for something that you want. hehehe >:D
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Enter your email address: