Author Topic: Male friends reactions to seeing you bald...  (Read 12882 times)

Offline jasonfieber

• Wish I was on a beach...
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald For Life
Re: Male friends reactions to seeing you bald...
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2007, 07:11:29 PM »
I've gotten nothing but positive comments about the bald look since I started doing it a few years ago. I don't think I've had any negative comments at all....I've fielded alot of questions about shaving, being bald, what it's like in the winter, the laser stuff....but nothing negative.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2007, 08:44:50 PM »
I've gotten nothing but positive comments about the bald look since I started doing it a few years ago. I don't think I've had any negative comments at all....I've fielded alot of questions about shaving, being bald, what it's like in the winter, the laser stuff....but nothing negative.

Is it common knowledge amongst your friends and family that you're getting the laser treatments?

Offline jasonfieber

• Wish I was on a beach...
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald For Life
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2007, 06:47:44 PM »
Yeah everyone I know is aware of what I'm doing.

Usually new acquantinces find out pretty quick once they start inquiring about the bald look, shaving, whether I plan to keep the look a while...when they ask that question I generally say "well, ummm, yeah I don't have much choice now..."
When was the last time you did something for the first time?

marty22

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2007, 04:19:29 PM »
Like JF I got laser treatments but I kept it to myself after the lst few. Not even my wife knew.

Offline Oto

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2007, 12:12:16 AM »
When I became BBC the general reaction was 99% positive specially from women.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2007, 08:10:23 AM »
Mostly positive reactions.  Even the very few 'negative' reactions werent that negative.

I was asked to go for a part in our amatuer production of 'Anything Goes' a while back (I'm in a musical society for my sins) and the producer asked if I'd grow my hair.  Of course, I refused: still got the part though!!

When i saw my uncle he rubbed my head and asked jokingly when I was gettin my hair cut.

Everyone else has either given no comment or positive ones, whether they are male or female.  Who cares any how?  Its me I gotta please, and I'm PLEASED! 8) O0

Offline SlyInSLC

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2007, 03:02:17 PM »
I'd probably have replied "No - Aquarius actually."

I love it. I’ve been getting the Big C question a lot too. It doesn’t help that I have lost 50 lbs since July in addition to my recent new non-coif. Unfortunately, I really am a Cancer being born in July. I guess I could use “Aquarius” anyway. Who’ll know?