Author Topic: Drivin' down the road...  (Read 7559 times)

BaldRob

Drivin' down the road...
« on: November 17, 2006, 05:35:09 PM »
So, we have the thread of our dream cars, but what do you really drive??

Me, a black 2005 Jeep Wrangler, Rocky Mountain Edition... with my vanity plates "GOTLIME"

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Drivin' down the road...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 05:40:07 PM »
Nice!

I have a 2005 Storm Grey Pathfinder SE and a 1998 White Honda Civic.  The civic is affectionately known as the "ghetto sled" because it's lowered and is completely modified underneat the hood.  The thing is fast, but is about to get sold so that I can upgrade to something more "adult" like.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 05:53:27 PM »
Momma has the soccer-mom grocery getter van. I'm currently driving the 1985 FORD F-150 affectionately known as "Mater". I also have, but not currently driving, a 1969 CHEVROLET C/20. It has been in the family for a while, so I want to hang on to it and either return it to semi-stock or dump a blown 454 in it.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 05:59:54 PM »
I forgot about my 1978 Camaro I have at my uncle's house.  It was given to me by my grandma who was the original owner.  I drove it, then both my brother and sister drove it while in High School.  Since it was mine first, I'm going to make claim to it, though I don't think they'll fight me for it.  I replaced the interior in it and added the rims.  My sister added the bondo to the back quarter panel after having the only wreck in it, and my brother added a paint job and a new engine.  It's a pretty nice car now.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 06:01:58 PM »
Oh yeah the van is a 2003 Chrysler Town & Country
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 08:50:53 PM »
Just got rid of my baby not too long ago.  99 Dodge Dakota RT.
Now have economical 96 Neon coup that I teaked with a bit and my wifee drives a kia sportage.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 09:51:51 PM »
1997 f-150 w/330,000 miles and still kicking. ain't real pretty but it is paid for and it gets me to work and back. hell what else is a vehicle for?

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 09:40:10 AM »
ar3inc-Those Dodge Dakota R/T's will move. Is your Neon single or dual cam?

pburke-My '85 F-150 has at least 250,000 plus on it. Don't know the exact because the odometer is only a five digit. Just put a heater core in it yesterday...that was not very fun. But oh well...cheaper than buying a new one.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 10:12:49 AM »
ar3inc-Those Dodge Dakota R/T's will move. Is your Neon single or dual cam?

I had my RT down to 14.8 in the 1/4.  I know it is not nearly as fast as some of the other stuff on the road, but it was quick enough for me to love it (and it was my daily driver).
I chose the SOHC on my neon, because the easier engine.  yeah every 100,000 I have to replace a head gasket, but it is fun times.   ;)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 06:14:15 PM by ar3inc »
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 11:26:48 AM »
HAHAHA...Yup, good ole headgaskets on those. Much fun. I remember the techs complaining about those when I worked at Chrysler.

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 04:17:02 AM »
I drive a GiantTM bike with 18 gear transmission, aerodynamic saddle (meaning, my bum hurts after each ride) and a little computer installed on it (that never tells me what I need to know).

Man, how pathetic...I really need to get my driver's license one of these days.

Who loves ya, baby?

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 04:06:06 AM »
F350 dually, Or my Honda VFR.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
    • NCompass Financial, LLC
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 08:28:16 AM »
2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV. I call it the Bowling Alley.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 08:52:57 AM »

That's a sweet ride.....having your own biz has it's perks!

I'm not much for ostentatious, "dig me" type of cars....even if I can afford them....but Escalades are quality family vehix.

Now that I have to sink a bunch of capital into starting my new venture, new vehix ain't on the menu....not even a Jeep.  I got a '99 Chrysler 300M and a '99 Dodge Grand Caravan.  Time to update...but I'll have to be patient.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 08:59:17 AM by Robmeister »

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
    • NCompass Financial, LLC
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 09:18:48 AM »

That's a sweet ride.....having your own biz has it's perks!

I'm not much for ostentatious, "dig me" type of cars....even if I can afford them....but Escalades are quality family vehix.

Now that I have to sink a bunch of capital into starting my new venture, new vehix ain't on the menu....not even a Jeep.  I got a '99 Chrysler 300M and a '99 Dodge Grand Caravan.  Time to update...but I'll have to be patient.

Its nice for road trips. It keeps the four knuckleheads occupied. They watch movies and we can listen to cds or XM.

Enter your email address: