Author Topic: Preserve Razor - just recycle it when you're done  (Read 2954 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Preserve Razor - just recycle it when you're done
« on: October 15, 2007, 10:08:01 PM »

I recently received a Preserve Razor Triple in the mail asking me to review it.  The razor is made by a company called Recycline, that specializes in recyclable products.  In reading the packaging I was very curious about this razor because of the fact that it can be recycled when you're done with it. 

I opened up the package and found the razor to be very light!  This made me even more curious as to how it would perform as most razor handles have a bit of weight to them.   The model that was sent to me came with two triple blades which appear to be Personna Tri-Flexx blades.  The good news about this is that it's compatible with the Sensor Excel blades that I already use!  They also offer a double blade model and replacement blades for both.

In shaving with it, it handled great despite having little weight to it.  Actually, I think it's lack of weight helped it in some of the more awkward areas.

Overall this is a great product, especially because it's so environmentally friendly.  The handle is completely recyclable in communities in with #5 plastics recycling or with Recycline's postage-paid mailer you can just mail it back to them to recycle. 

Check your local Whole Foods, Trader Joes, or health food store for this product.  Or you can get them at http://www.recycline.com.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Preserve Razor - just recycle it when you're done
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 01:21:51 AM »
I do applaud that companies are making a choice to try and protect our enviornment and recycle. It is a shame that it has taken this long and Al Gore(cring) to kick things along.

I could personally never shave with a disposable type razor. I have in the past with disastrous results. Will stick to the HB and Fusion

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 04:37:54 AM »
Al Gore? He wastes more oil in one hour in his private jet flying around pushing bad science and his "Hate America". left extremist BS than 10000 people throwing away a disposable plastc razor once a week for years. Pleeeeaaaaasse....I just had chow and when I saw another Democrat criminal name I almost lost my Wheaties....(I thought this was a PC, kinder gentler site anyway.  NO mention of politics allowed so no one can "offended". Now, i have to go watch Oprah to remind me that I'm being victimized by "The Man".  Uh-oh, I forgot.  I AM the MAN!!!!!   Must watch Oprah....Must find closure...Need more Democrat free entitlement programs......

LOL

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 05:33:07 AM »
after the political rant is over it is time to get back to the topic at hand.

tyler, how do they compare pricewise? any idea?

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 04:30:37 PM »
after the political rant is over it is time to get back to the topic at hand.

tyler, how do they compare pricewise? any idea?

$7.25 for the double and $7.49 fo the triple.  One thing to note is that this is NOT a disposable razor.  It can be used for as long as it's still performing.  The good thing is, when you're ready for a new one, you can recycle it instead of throwing it away.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 04:33:58 PM »
sounds pretty good.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 05:00:43 PM »
PBurk...I think you meant to say..

SOUNDS PURTY GOOD....am i right? 

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 05:04:43 PM »
nope. i am gaduit of da huokt on fonix class ov 2000. sew i kin speek proper english.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 08:55:10 PM »
 I just got back from Whole Foods and saw that they carry the razor and the replacement blades.  So, get this, if you buy the Triple Razor with two triple blades, it cost $7.49, but, if you buy the 4 pack with 4 handles, each containing a double blade, it only cost $7.25.  This is the EXACT same handle, just different blades.  This is the same on their website.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 01:27:54 PM »
Cool Beans

Enter your email address: