Author Topic: Waxing it off!  (Read 9638 times)

Offline guvnor_12

• Sly Guy in Training
  • The Guv
Waxing it off!
« on: October 15, 2007, 02:02:11 PM »
Hey lads,
Now this might sound a bit dumb, but mostly came from a conversation i just had with a mate.
I told him how it does sometimes get to be a hassle shaving my dome (though when im in the mood for it it can be a wonderfully fun thing to do for some reason) :P. He replied saying 'cant you just wax your head??', it did get my thinking, i've not seen any thread on this forum about that so do people actually do it? Any idea guys? Haha

Btw, my name's Guv, n im from England, just joined the forum.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
Re: Waxing it off!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 02:17:38 PM »
Aloha again Guv  :)

I can't speak for the rest of the guys on here... but I do know that waxing is painful, on the parts that I've done it on anyway  :D
I can't imagine it's that different on ya noggin!!  :D
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline guvnor_12

• Sly Guy in Training
  • The Guv
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 02:18:48 PM »
Haha yeah mate, I know its painful (not that i've actually waxed anything) but curious if anyone's tried it/knows how the results would be. No pain no gain, so if the 'juice is worth the squeeze' then its something i'd consider, but wondering if there's any feedback on it.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 03:53:40 PM »
Hey guvnor, just click on the search button at the top of the forum and then type in waxing and you will find various threads that have been discussed in the past.  Hope that helps.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

BALDANDRE

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 08:07:47 PM »
I think I'd tweeze before I waxed...ouch..

but would dig not having the stubble so fast!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 08:08:55 PM »
Aloha again Guv  :)

I can't speak for the rest of the guys on here... but I do know that waxing is painful, on the parts that I've done it on anyway  :D
I can't imagine it's that different on ya noggin!!  :D

Magma!

Nice set of donuts you're showing the dudes..

nice to see you again! O0 :@`

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 10:19:56 PM »
I searched for head waxing on YouTube, and it looks really, really, really painful.

Personally, I don't mind shaving daily.
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 11:25:58 PM »
Hey Guv, if you're interested in trying out waxing your head, check out this video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iGT79l8wV-E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iGT79l8wV-E</a>
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 11:53:32 AM »

Magma!

:@`  :-*

ta very much BA, but you're wrong about my donuts  :D
they're onion rings.

always a pleasure to see you too, btw  ;)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Deadbob

• Dust Collector
  • Sly
  • Bald - Again
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 12:18:58 PM »
I've though about waxing my head as a way to get rid of the shadow... but I cannot afford it, and I cannot sack up enough to do it

BALDANDRE

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 01:24:26 PM »

Magma!

:@`  :-*

ta very much BA, but you're wrong about my donuts  :D
they're onion rings.

always a pleasure to see you too, btw  ;)

My bad...I should know my "sets" a little better...glad i got a chance to see them though ;)

Yes...it's always a pleasure :@`

X The Hierophant

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 01:36:06 PM »
I may eventually try the waxing or tweezing thing ... it may be worth a try.  Not anytime soon though... :-\

BALDANDRE

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 01:53:11 PM »
I may eventually try the waxing or tweezing thing ... it may be worth a try.  Not anytime soon though... :-\

Hey X, I'm with ya on the tweezing thing...maybe years from now we'll both say why didn't we do it sooner! 8)

X The Hierophant

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 03:52:24 PM »

Hey X, I'm with ya on the tweezing thing...maybe years from now we'll both say why didn't we do it sooner! 8)

I hear ya man.  If I decide to go that route I'll just have to work up to have the cojones for it ...

:-\ :'( :-\

Having a shadow-free long lasting smooth dome would be worth a good deal of pain though... O0
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 03:55:05 PM by X The Hierophant »

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 08:34:13 PM »
I hear ya man.  If I decide to go that route I'll just have to work up to have the cojones for it ...
:-\ :'( :-\
Having a shadow-free long lasting smooth dome would be worth a good deal of pain though... O0
8)

Define "Good deal of Pain".   Maybe shaving everyday isn't so bad after all. :'(
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 04:31:27 AM by SLYinKC »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed