Author Topic: Expensive Headblade  (Read 6335 times)

Offline handlebar

• Sly
Expensive Headblade
« on: October 14, 2007, 10:43:44 PM »
I have been on the hunt for Headblade products locally and have done well.Been able to secure the gloss and matte headlube as well as the shaving cream.And when the sun comes out again(sometime next june),i will buy the suntan lotion.
But in the meantime would love to find Clearhead.Problem i'm seeing is that i find it only online.And the shipping is horrendous for one small bottle.It would set me back almost $20 for said product.
And i see that the 20% off coupn expired as well.So what does one do?
I cannot see it costing $8.50 to ship a small bottle.Way too much.
I ship USPS Priority all the time and it never costs that much.

Ideas??

Jim

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
Re: Expensive Headblade
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 12:06:22 AM »
This comes from the HeadBlade MySpace site (http://www.myspace.com/headblade)

TYPE IN THE CODE "MYSPACE" DURING CHECKOUT FOR 20% OFF YOUR ORDER
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 12:12:50 AM »
I hear your concerns with buying just ClearHead online.  This is why I have decided to just shop from HeadBlade.com when I purchase their products.  This way I can get a refill kit or several products so that it makes it worthwhile to pay the shipping.

Or, you could decide to buy several bottles of it to justify the $8.50 shipping cost. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 03:41:35 AM »
While I am a huge fan of the HeadBlade its products, I found the shipping for little bottles of products expensive too, Jim.  You could try substituting St. Ives Apricot Scrub for the HeadShed, I have found little difference in results.  I have also switched to BaldGuyz Moisturizing Gel in place of the ClearHead and have had good results with that as well.   This should give you options.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 04:23:47 AM »
Jim, like Paul says, St.Ives Apricot Scrub is awesome. I swear by it. Have never used the HeadShed though. You can pick up the St.Ives Apricot Scrub for around 4 dollars in any pharmacy.

Cheers,

Jesse

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 04:49:36 AM »
Jim, like Paul says, St.Ives Apricot Scrub is awesome.

jim....i agree with paul & jesse regarding the st. ives apricot scrub that it is an excellant product.  u can get it at any store like target or walmart & no shipping cost. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 04:51:03 AM »
jim....BTW....keep us posted on your review of the st. ives apricot scrub.  i have a feeling that u will  b  purchasing it very soon. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline handlebar

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 08:27:23 PM »
Thanks for the heads up(no pun intended).I have some of the apricot scrub and even though i know it works similar,didn't see some of the same ingredients listed.So i was not sure if it was used for the exact same reasons.
The Clearhead is for post shaving use.I thought the Headshed was equal to the apricot scrub.
The scrub works well in cleaning but i sure have a rather red head when leaving the shower  O0
I might place an order later on and use the myspace coupon.Maybe share with a sly friend at work.Split the shipping.

I will let you know when i order it and my reactions.

Thanks again!!

Jim

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 10:01:26 PM »
Thanks for the heads up(no pun intended).I have some of the apricot scrub and even though i know it works similar,didn't see some of the same ingredients listed.So i was not sure if it was used for the exact same reasons.
The Clearhead is for post shaving use.I thought the Headshed was equal to the apricot scrub.
The scrub works well in cleaning but i sure have a rather red head when leaving the shower  O0
I might place an order later on and use the myspace coupon.Maybe share with a sly friend at work.Split the shipping.

I will let you know when i order it and my reactions.

Thanks again!!

Jim

Dude look at the ingredients in that apricot scrub, if I can't eat it I won't put it on my skin! I like the the Headlube and other products are "mostly" natural ingredients, or so I think anyway. Maybe I was halucinating.

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 07:33:36 AM »
What I do is pretty much as Tyler, buy a few things at the same time to make it worth this order i am going to get headslick, a hoodie, and the sensor adaptor.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 07:42:32 AM »
I was also concerned about the shipping costs.  So I just ordered about 5 bottles of Head Clear and the shipping was the same.  I'm good for about a year.  :@`
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 01:30:07 PM »
Hello Jim!

For UK I found http://www.mankind.co.uk

They sell the HeadBlade-Equipment

Shipping costs are:
Free on all orders over £70.00.
Single item under 500g £1.95.
Single item over 500g £3.50.
Two or more items £3.50.

I got my HB-Things from NL via http://www.headblade.de/catalog.

Shipping costs are € 6,26.

Joerg

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 01:32:27 PM »
Oh, sorry, I saw www.handlebarclub.co.uk, so I thought you live in UK.

J

Enter your email address: