Author Topic: COLD!!!!  (Read 24368 times)

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
Re: COLD!!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 09:19:09 AM »
I always pack a beanie in the winter, being sly is one thing freezing your a** off is another. Like said above, just wear a hat outside and take it off indoors. At least around here if it is cold out it seems it is about 80 degrees in every store or restaurant.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 06:16:54 PM »
I too allways have a beenie or my hoodie in the winter but I have been trying to condition the skull for the weather and going full sly alot. It depends on the wind on whether I can take too much of the cold.

JohnMont

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 06:36:17 PM »
how about looking for a hat that really complements your sly look
(fedora?  derby?  or good old beanie / watch cap?

John

Offline theebaldguy

• Sly Penguin
  • Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 11:48:47 AM »
I'm half Finnish, so chilly is fine with me. Once the wind chill kicks into gear, then I may throw a hat on.
Just say no to rugs!

Bald_freak

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 02:24:13 PM »
Tims neighbor in Washington,Indiana giving in an interview to the local news channel.

"There goes that crazy bald guy again. His antics are starting to bother our neighborhood and the community as a whole. Yesterday he came outside completley naked except for a pair of slippers and stood on his front porch for 5 minutes. He seemed to be savoring the cold air on his bald noggin. I am starting to feel for the safety of my children"

I too love the feel of cold air on the dome. Makes me feel alive.

You sure it wasn't TimmJ? that sounds right up his alley  :*)) :*)) :*))

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2007, 01:29:48 PM »
I was at a party Friday night, and one of the guys in my little group said just about this same thing.  I was going to tell him about the wonders of knit caps and hooded sweatshirts, but then I realized that I could use his lack of slyness to my advantage.  As long as he grows out whatever is left of his hair, I will continue to look much better than he does with my well-maintained dome.  I know it sounds mean and possibly unbecoming an SBG, but I need all the help I can get in the dating department.

Offline dagenhamjim

• Sly
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2007, 12:11:52 PM »
Here in the UK it does get pretty cold, so cold in fact that if you go out for a walk with out a hat then when you walk into a heated building, it can give you a nasty head ache! I always wear a woolie Bobble hat (minus the Bobble of course). Another advantage wearing a woolie hat is if you have not shaved your head for a day, you get that 'Velcro' effect when you take your woolie hat off, Makes my Lady laugh every time lol
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/users_178/894604/sampeb1a5324eb47c66d.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed height="0" width="0" src="http://counters.gigya.com/wild

Bald_freak

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2007, 09:50:25 PM »
Here in the UK it does get pretty cold, so cold in fact that if you go out for a walk with out a hat then when you walk into a heated building, it can give you a nasty head ache! I always wear a woolie Bobble hat (minus the Bobble of course). Another advantage wearing a woolie hat is if you have not shaved your head for a day, you get that 'Velcro' effect when you take your woolie hat off, Makes my Lady laugh every time lol

Yeah a buddy of mine dropped me to the floor once, had the same effect with my hoodies. he went to pull it off from behind and it stuck like glue.   my fav is the head stream. Used to happen alot when I worked at Brinks in the winter time.

Offline Geekstr

• Learning the way of Sly
    • Jay Adkins, Father, Husband...Geek
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2007, 10:28:58 PM »
I love the cold on my dome. I guess I'd better, I live in the Midwest. I see there's at least one other KC dweller here (SLYinKC). Thanks for the invite, whoever sent it to me on MySpace.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2007, 10:30:09 PM »
I love the cold on my dome. I guess I'd better, I live in the Midwest. I see there's at least one other KC dweller here (SLYinKC). Thanks for the invite, whoever sent it to me on MySpace.

Welcome to Sly Bald Guys!  I was the one that sent you the invite. Glad you joined up!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2007, 11:52:27 PM »

Looks good dude..the bald dome suits ya!

Welcome!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2007, 03:52:22 AM »
Welcome geekstr, great to have you with us.  Post up in the Introductions section so we can get to know ya better
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2007, 04:23:29 AM »
Welcome, Geekstr, Glad you've joined us.  Good to have another KC guy.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2007, 07:21:19 AM »
Although I prefer heat, cold really doesn't bother me. Usually, I'll put on a baseball style hat and be good to go.

Although, I went for a run Thanksgiving morning (we had our first freezing morning) and I put on one of those Under Armour style lycra caps to stay warm during the run. This "hat" (actually made by Adidas) made a huge difference. It's a lycra style thing that is pretty slick. Granted I wouldn't wear this in the everyday public (not my style), I'm impressed with it during the run.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2007, 10:02:30 AM »
Its rare I feel cold enough on the old noggin to wear a hat, though occasionally I do wear a beanie.  hats just don't suit me, and I don't like hidin' the dome anyways.

Quite like the feelin of the cold on my head though: feels safer than havin the hot sun in the summer

Enter your email address: