Author Topic: The First Time  (Read 3609 times)

Offline tlcasedrums

• Sly Guy in Training
The First Time
« on: October 10, 2007, 05:15:55 PM »
Since finding this board, I've been doing a lot of reading and it reminded me of the first time I actually used a blade on my head.  I started shaving with clippers occasionally when I was a senior in high school, but the first time I used a razor was a year later when I was away at college................

I got off work on a Thursday night and went back to my apartment and proceeded to get pretty pretty hammered.  I'd had a pretty crappy week thus far and just needed to blow off some steam.  So I was feeling pretty good and I got an idea that I might give the old head a buzz.  I headed off the bathroom and clippered away.  I'd made quite a mess of the bathroom and myself as I glanced in the mirror.  My eyes spotted my free sample of Edge Pro Gel and it was like a sign from above.  I quickly lathered up and grabbed my razor............

Now right about now, you are expecting to read about the bloodiest massacre since Little Bighorn right?  >:D  Actually it went quite well.  I don't believe I cut myself at all.  The whole scenario took at least an hour but when I stared back at my results in the mirror, I knew this was the look for me. 

So the next day, the school was sponsoring a battle of the bands in the afternoon.  I decided to skip class and watch the bands before I had to head off to work.  There wasn't a cloud in the sky and it was a beautiful warm day to chill out on the grass.  Before I knew it, the time had come to head off to work.

So the moral of the story......I knew something was wrong the next day when I was at work.  My dome was on fire and extremely sensitive from being shaved the first time!  I was sunburned so bad I had pus coming out of my melon :/O  It took about four days before my scalp started feeling back to normal.  So while I'm letting my cranium recover, my hair starts to grow back out.  Then the peeling starts.  It is no fun having a peeling sunburn all over you head getting stuck in your hair.  I think it was about a month before I got up the gumption to do it again and guess what?  To this day, I have never let myself get sunburned on the dome again.  Nine years and counting!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: The First Time
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 07:09:50 PM »
 r*%  The first time......Ever I saw Your face..............

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 03:27:40 PM »
Same thing happened to me.

Me and the wife were in Hawaii and I spent most of the 2nd day in the water. Felt fine, didnt feel like I was getting burnt. Later that evening my head had blisters on it and was extremely painfull and oozing.

totally sucked.

I had to wear a hat to the luau that night and practiaclly bathed my head in aloe.

lesson learned, I have not burned my head again
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

jp_bald

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 04:48:31 PM »
the first time never forgets!!!

Greetings from colombia

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 03:34:26 PM »

No sappy old love songs are to be sung by bald guys.  Isn't that in "The Rules" somewhere????
 h3ry3
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 08:52:02 PM by SLYinKC »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 03:38:26 PM »

No sappy old love songs are to be sung by bald guys.  Isn't that in "The Rules" somewhere????

If Seal can pull it off, then I say it's kosher.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 04:44:22 PM »
A sunburned dome really sucks.... :D