Author Topic: Nare for men on your head?  (Read 10277 times)

Offline AGENT47

• Sly Guy in Training
Nare for men on your head?
« on: October 07, 2007, 04:00:39 PM »
I stoped by wallgreens to pick up some new blades for my head blade and saw they had nare for men and on the bottle it advertizes removal of body hair I was wondering if anyone knows if it can be used on the head as well I would immagine it would be a longer lasting solution than shaving but I am worried about the permanate effects. Anyone tried this or a similar product for a longer lasting (yet still not permanate) solution to hair growth.

Offline Jdogs Better Half

• Super Sly
Re: Nare for men on your head?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 04:04:26 PM »
I don't know about using it on the head but from my experience its the same as shaving but prob not as effective, and I really doubt it would last longer, only thing that would last longer is waxing - cos its pulling the hair from the root.

Think it would also be messy and more time consuming then shaving!

Offline Drackare

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 04:17:50 PM »
I stoped by wallgreens to pick up some new blades for my head blade and saw they had nare for men and on the bottle it advertizes removal of body hair I was wondering if anyone knows if it can be used on the head as well I would immagine it would be a longer lasting solution than shaving but I am worried about the permanate effects. Anyone tried this or a similar product for a longer lasting (yet still not permanate) solution to hair growth.

I have used that Nair for Men. It worked great the first time i used it on my head.  The second time i used it it didn't do anything.  So save your money.

Offline AGENT47

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 06:37:48 PM »
Thats kind of what I thought, some quote about "too good to be true" and "probably is" comes to mind.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 07:08:59 PM »
Thats kind of what I thought, some quote about "too good to be true" and "probably is" comes to mind.

Doesn't it even say something on the label about not using on the face or head?
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline baldntat05

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 08:21:20 PM »
I think you could be "headed" for some chemical burns as well.  What I have heard it is not a good idea for the head.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 08:56:37 PM »
agent47........don't use the nair 4 men on the dome.  u might as well....throw some gasoline on your noggin' & light a match. @nn!3

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 04:26:41 AM »
All the hair removal creams/lotions that I have seen usually have in big bold letters,

DO NOT USE ON SCALP

Like Warhawk said, You'd be better off frying your hair off with a blowtorch.

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 05:48:25 AM »
There are some hair removal products, aimed specifically for the black male headshaver that are supposed to prevent razor "bumps".
Like Nair for Men, these are "foul smelling" depilatories that last about 7-10 days.

These products are so strong that they literally "dissolve" the hair. Nair For Men is a similar product. It does have warnings about staying away from arm pits and pubic region.  :o
Personally, I wouldn't even consider using the stuff on my scalp or for any part of my body.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 10:37:11 AM »
no way no how. not putting anything on there that might keep me from shaving for a few days. if that crap burns your scalp you may not be able to shave until it heals. not a chance i am willing to take. i'll stick with my razor.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

KALBO

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 10:39:54 AM »
I think you could be "headed" for some chemical burns as well.  What I have heard it is not a good idea for the head.
Yeah...never used it on the dome, but elswhere it smelled like burnt hair...not to mention some real burns! :'(

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 10:42:58 AM »
The burn the burn, hey dude stay away from that stuff!!!!! I've tried it before also and if you have sensative skin this stuff can cause burns of if you leave it on too long, or god forbid it got in your eyes. All I can say is STAY AWAY FROM THIS CRAP!!!!!
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 06:24:05 PM »
All I can say is STAY AWAY FROM THIS CRAP!!!!!

I agree wholeheartedly with Tom., If you read the instructions it clearly says "do not use on pubic area", and anywhere else in the vicinity.   :/O
And if you do use it they tell you to only keep it on for a couple of minutes at most.

Common sense tells me I would not put this on my head either. Stick with a good blade of choice, it's the only way to go.

Offline RevNut

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 03:44:37 PM »
I used nivia on my head a few times.  It works all right but is no better than a good close shave, plus you also run the risk of getting a chemical burn if you leave it on to long or your skin is too sensitive.  Also the smell of your melting hair is pretty gross.  And like one of the previous posters said it seems to be less effective with each use.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 07:03:24 PM »
I used nivia on my head a few times.  It works all right but is no better than a good close shave, plus you also run the risk of getting a chemical burn if you leave it on to long or your skin is too sensitive.  Also the smell of your melting hair is pretty gross.  And like one of the previous posters said it seems to be less effective with each use.

Hey RevNut, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!  I'm assuming you mean Nair.  I have heard that the smell is absolutely disgusting.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.