Author Topic: Hey guys Iam new  (Read 4970 times)

Offline slick agent

• Sly Guy in Training
Hey guys Iam new
« on: October 06, 2007, 08:39:29 PM »
Hey guys what's up I am thinning really bad and I am only 23 so I decided to make the best out of it.  I lost like 35 lbs just to shave my head and look good and slick I guess.  Now I aam doing it on Friday @ a shaving place @ the mall called the art of shaving.  I rather learn how to do it first and then do it my self.  Here is the question I am leaving to the Border Patrol Academy next week and I was wondering should I do it before I leave or when I come back due to a lot of sweating from all the physical training.  I am also planning to buy the Head Blade and protection. Whats a good after care product from them if I do not want the oily look?  and for protection in general for bumps and stuff.  SOrry this is kind of long, just want to make the best ourt of it.  very excited. Thank u very much.

Offline Jdogs Better Half

• Super Sly
Re: Hey guys Iam new
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 08:43:06 PM »
Welcome!

I cant help you out with the shaving tips but the boys here can!

Good luck at the Academy!

Offline slick agent

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 08:58:08 PM »
thanks for the luck cause I am so going to need it.  hope to hear from the rest of the guys. thanks

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 09:10:23 PM »
First off welcome to the SBG family slick agent, personally I'd shave it before going to the academy, mainly because it will be the first time many of the other people there will have probably met you, therefore they have not fomed an opinion of your apearance, so the can get to know YOU.
As for the HeadBlade razor I  highly recomend getting your hands on one, but go to their website first and watch the HeadBlade 101 video, there is some usefull tips that will help you. And for the after care I recomend picking up some Bald Guyz Wash &  Shampoo and some of their Deep Cleanser & Conditioner they both work realy well to help get rid or avoid an oily scalp, your head will simply look clean and fresh, and to help it to keep looking clean and fresh throughout the day, before/after or durring your training you could definately use their Head Wipes, they are especially great to use after a hot day in the sun, after a workout/trainning and the leave your head feeling refreshed, I recomend keeping a few in the fridge. for more info on these products see my review in the Product Review section, called Bald Guyz Products, or check out their website at www.baldguyz.com

Here is a link to the above mentioned thread about product reviews.  http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=1690.0
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 09:19:23 PM by Tom. »
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 09:26:41 PM »
Welcome Slick Agent ... some good advice there!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline slick agent

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 09:29:27 PM »
thanks bro that is info that sure comes in handy I am going to start buying all my stuff tomorrow and monday I will order the head blade so it will get here befor eI leave .  thanks .

Offline slick agent

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 09:44:08 PM »
now what is clearhead?  will I need that?  and where can I get it from?

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 11:04:03 PM »
honestly if the academy is anything like a military bootcamp..you wont have time for headblades and headslicks and all the prima donna head shaving accessories....go there with the objective of completing it ,dont worry about your hair/head...that can come afterward, clipper shavings is all you need during that time.....good luck
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline slick agent

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 11:19:04 PM »
well I was thinking of doing it on the weekends cause we have Sat & sUn off and finish the day off @ 5:00pm so I mean my head is not my priority, and i know we have a lot of studying to do, but I want to look slick at least for my graduation date.  It is military style but mainly only during PT.  Hope I Graduate.  THank You for the advice.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 11:22:32 PM »
honestly if the academy is anything like a military bootcamp..you wont have time for headblades and headslicks and all the prima donna head shaving accessories....go there with the objective of completing it ,dont worry about your hair/head...that can come afterward, clipper shavings is all you need during that time.....good luck

Kajun makes a good point.

I think you'll enjoy the Art of Shaving shave.  I've gotten one and it was very relaxing.

For the protection, the Bald Guyz stuff Tom mentioned is very good.  But, if you're looking to get everything in your HeadBlade order then you'll want to get HeadSlick, HeadLube Matte (since you don't want a glossy look) and ClearHead to avoid bumps.  If you're looking for sunscreen, they make HeadShade, but it gives a very glossy look and is only SPF 15.  You're better off going with either some Bald Guyz with SPF 30 or your regular old Coppertone Sport since you'll be down by the border.

Welcome to Sly Bald Guys and good luck on the academy.  Check in with us and let us know how things go.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline slick agent

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 11:34:28 PM »
i 'll sure let u know how everything goes. 

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 04:10:06 AM »
Welcome Slick Agent! Keep us informed of your Border Patrol Academy progression.

The sly bros have given you some great advice. The Headblade and Bald Guyz line of products are specifically made with Headshavers in mind.

The Bald Guyz moisture gel is very soothing and gives the scalp and smooth and matte look.

Make sure to put a sunscreen of at least 30spf on your scalp when you do shave slick.

Let us know how the Art of Shaving experience goes! O0

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 05:45:05 AM »
Welcome to the forum
I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 08:35:54 AM »
now what is clearhead?  will I need that?  and where can I get it from?
Clear Head is another product from HeadBlade, I'm not sure what retailers it will be available at, but if you e-mail Mac at mac@headblade.com he can help you out with that. As for what it does, it's marketed as a bump stopper, to aid in the prevention of getting bumps (ingrown hairs) and gets rid og the ones you already may have, you can use it anywhere you get ingrown hairs. It comes in a small bottle, but trust me you don't need to use very much (a little goes along way).
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline slick agent

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2007, 11:21:43 AM »
Can't wait till tomorrow to order all my stuff,  and especially for my shave on Friday.  I will keep everyone posted.  thanks for all the info and support guys I feel bald and slick already.