Author Topic: HAIR TRANSPLANTS FORGET IT!  (Read 10436 times)

X The Hierophant

Re: HAIR TRANSPLANTS FORGET IT!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 01:14:50 PM »
Hey guys,

I remember when I started to shave a month ago my Dad did not mind. He was actually cool with it but my mom didn't approve. She was like why are you going to such an extreme? You still have hair all you need is some transplants and you should be okay. I just told her that will never happen because I am not ashamed of how I look and I don't consider it a "problem" anymore. And to think I would be spending thousands of dollars on hair when I could easily spend all of that money on my 91 Isuzu Trooper  ;).

But I still get annoyed how our culture always depicts the bald guy as evil and ugly especially in movies. I just hate that AHHHHH!!! :Xo!

Welcome to the forum man.

Also, very cool beard you've got going with the sly look.  I wanna give that a try eventually.  I have grown a beard several times in the past, but never while sly.  O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 02:10:54 PM »
mike.....thanks 4 sharing that patrick stewart video....that is one kool sly guy. O:O

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline kojakJR

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 06:07:46 PM »
Patrick Stewart is truly a cool guy and yeah X go for the beard and post up some pics!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 06:44:21 PM »
Sweet find Mike, showcases once again what a class act Patrick Stewart is.  His comments on confidence particularly pertinent.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

shakf

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2007, 11:31:11 PM »
I considered the hair transplant a few times but am now completely against it because it scars badly. Also it can't compensate for any future hair loss. Eventually you end up with a fence where your hairline is and nothing in the middle!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 07:54:45 AM »
This was never a thought for me, I knew one day I would be shaving my head.

I remember seeing the commercials for the hair replacement companies and fleetingly thinking,
"I wonder if that really works?", but I quickly realized it's a vain attempt at trying to put back what nature is taking away. I then told myself I would only take the natural route, it's the only way to go!.

shakf

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 11:25:09 PM »
Patrick Stewart is truly a cool guy and yeah X go for the beard and post up some pics!

Hey KojakJR. Have you posted an intro? We can give you a proper warm welcome.

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2007, 03:11:54 AM »
I saw a guy who'd obviously had a hair transplant yesterday.  Now the fact that I can even say that obviously means that the desired effect hadn't been achieved, in fact, it looked pretty awful to be honest! He was in his mid fifties I'd say. His hair didn't look too bad from the front, though it did look a little bit odd but it was the back view which just looked terrible .... you could quite clearly see where his "horseshoe" "had been" as the hair "attached" to the top of his head obviously wasn't thick enough to give the full coverage needed & the whole thing just looked terrible & OBVIOUS. I felt a bit sorry for him really & couldn't help wondering if he was actually aware of how bad it looked at the back.

Give me sly any day!  O:O
His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2007, 09:02:26 AM »
Yeah that's true Warhawk cant argue with that bro, check this video out it is pretty interesting.

Patrick Steward is my favourite of Star Trek TNG... just pity he didn't shave
sly as he did later for the X-men serie!

Offline hurley

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 09:22:45 PM »
when i first started thinning ...i thought about the implant route...thank u jesus i never did...they look horrible...sly 4 life

marty22

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2007, 03:47:20 PM »
Did the transplant route. Didnt want to continue and got away with it for 25 years until full recession. Surgery, dermabrasion and some laser and we've improved. You can see my pic with faint scars up front from the "corn rows" that were removed.

Offline Vin

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2007, 07:35:24 AM »
All good points here.  The problem, as all have stated, with transplants is that you never know how aggressive your loss will actually be.  Sure family can be somewhat of an indicator but it is still not a sure bet. 

For some guys, transplants work great, but those are the few with hairloss in minimal areas, such as minor crown thinning, temple recession, receeding hairline etc.  For the most part, if you start losing your hair in your 20's, your going to end up close to bald or bald.  There are some that lose some hair and stay that way for the rest of their life, but for the vast majority, it is a continual progression and the headache and worry of it progressing after a transplant would be reason enough for not doing it.

Just rock the sly look, or if it does not suit you, buzz it down to a Number 1 or 2.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 08:23:45 AM »
What gets me is the way the hair transplant pushers 'bully' balding guys into parting with their money, suggesting they will feel better about themselves after x amount of money has been spent.  It's a fools game in the end, and £££$$$ have been spent before the poor 'victim' realises that they are still going bald.

Compared to the hair transplant path, going Sly is cheap and much more effective.  It looks good, it breathes confidence and it doesnt look as if you're trying to cover up something you are ashamed of.

being SLY is really the only way.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 09:34:21 AM »
Hair transplants. What a mess.... :/O

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 10:24:57 AM »
If you really want to get some sort of surgery, get some breast implants... No one will look at your bald head again (that is if you even leave the house).
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”