Author Topic: HAIR TRANSPLANTS FORGET IT!  (Read 10390 times)

Offline kojakJR

• Sly Jr.
HAIR TRANSPLANTS FORGET IT!
« on: October 02, 2007, 07:10:59 PM »
Hey guys,

I remember when I started to shave a month ago my Dad did not mind. He was actually cool with it but my mom didn't approve. She was like why are you going to such an extreme? You still have hair all you need is some transplants and you should be okay. I just told her that will never happen because I am not ashamed of how I look and I don't consider it a "problem" anymore. And to think I would be spending thousands of dollars on hair when I could easily spend all of that money on my 91 Isuzu Trooper  ;).

But I still get annoyed how our culture always depicts the bald guy as evil and ugly especially in movies. I just hate that AHHHHH!!! :Xo!

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
Re: HAIR TRANSPLANTS FORGET IT!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 07:31:10 PM »
So true KojakJR. Way to set your mom straight.

Hair transplants look ridiculous and are a waste of time and the end result is much much worse than having a Sly slick dome.

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 07:59:29 PM »
Good choice in avoiding the hair transplant, KojakJR.  A friend of mine had one a while ago and now is hesitant to go sly because he has scars on his head from the surgery.
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline kojakJR

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 08:16:06 PM »
Honestly I do not blame the guys who get the hair transplants and other various surgeries, but when you look at those commercials it truly has a psychological effect on people who are at the breaking point on deciding whether to accept it or to "do" something about it.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 01:07:34 AM »
Mike, I also find it amazing that people consider getting hair transplants normal but shaving their head extreme.  Congrats on your confidence in your choice!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 06:47:13 AM »
Mike, I also find it amazing that people consider getting hair transplants normal but shaving their head extreme.  Congrats on your confidence in your choice!

Couldn't have said it better
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Chico D

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 07:30:24 AM »
I've heard of many a people who have gotten the transplants, and who are now suffering because their hairloss continued, and they would love to be able to shave their head, but are self conscious about the obvious scars...

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 08:37:41 AM »
Geez, I can't think of a worse decision than to go the transplant route with permanent scars. Whereas after shaving clean if you don't like it, it's just a matter of time before things are back to "normal".

But "normal" for me will always be smooth and shiny!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 09:01:17 AM »
I've heard of many a people who have gotten the transplants, and who are now suffering because their hairloss continued, and they would love to be able to shave their head, but are self conscious about the obvious scars...

Yeah, Chico....there is not much talk about the long-term effects, because the procedures do not HALT continued hair loss.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 09:16:51 AM »
mike.... i agree with all the sly brahs on this subject.   O0
But I still get annoyed how our culture always depicts the bald guy as evil and ugly especially in movies. I just hate that AHHHHH!!! :Xo!
however.....i have 2 disagree with ya on that movies/tv depict the bald guy as evil/ugly.  I.E.  bruce "ultimate sly guy" willis, vin diesel, sean connery,  patrick stewart, samuel l. jackson,  taye diggs,  ll cool j, cuba gooding,jr., michael rausenbaum (lex in smallville), & howie mandel...just 2 name a few.  these fellow sly guys r considered kool & the lay-days definitely feel the same. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 09:24:40 AM »

Have to agree with Warhawk.  I think this was more in the early days of headshaving....and, yeah, in earlier TV / Movies.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 12:05:14 PM »
just say no to rugs, plugs, and drugs. yes to razors.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 12:23:26 PM »
I'm with Warhawk -- bring on the SLY Good Guys!
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline kojakJR

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 12:45:56 PM »
Yeah that's true Warhawk cant argue with that bro, check this video out it is pretty interesting.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/pXOK-ZVJMaU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/pXOK-ZVJMaU</a>
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 12:48:25 PM by Tyler »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 12:55:08 PM »
That's an awesome video!  Every guy that is dealing with hair loss should watch that as it details the exact emotions of a guy dealing with hair loss and the powers of embracing it in a very short amount of time.  Great find Mike!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.