Author Topic: No helmet head!  (Read 4691 times)

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
No helmet head!
« on: October 02, 2007, 10:15:25 AM »
I ride my motorcycle almost daily to and from work (2005 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Silverado, if you'd like to know), always wear a helmet, and I never have to worry about what hair looks like as a result.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: No helmet head!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 11:17:38 AM »
Don't have a helmet law in Illinois but am forced to wear one in Michigan.   I too, have found that a big advantage bear from the days when I had to wear a helmet and worry about how my hair looked afterwards.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 12:27:57 PM »
Yep, that's a huge advantage!  When my dad and I will go riding we'll usually grab some lunch afterward.  I take off my helmet, no worries.  He takes of his and has to try to comb his hair and it still looks like he just woke up.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 02:59:42 PM »
Ah hah, the dreaded helmet head! I sold my bike before I went sly, so I haven't been able to feel the smooth noggin' in a helmet yet. But I do know I wouldn't miss the matted mess that would come out after I removed my helmet, lol.
Hopefully I'll be back in the saddle soon.   O0

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 05:43:10 PM »
Back when I had my bike I had real long hair and if I didn't have it in a ponytail, when I pulled the helmet off I looked like Rob Zombie and Grizzly Adams hell child.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 07:36:59 PM »
Bed head, helmet head, they all suck.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 09:11:25 PM »
Back when I had my bike I had real long hair and if I didn't have it in a ponytail, when I pulled the helmet off I looked like Rob Zombie and Grizzly Adams hell child.

so you looked like timmj?  :*)) :*))sorry i just couldn't pass it up.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 09:16:17 PM »
well maybe not that bad????? :*)) :*)) :*)) :*))

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 09:51:03 PM »
While I have not ever had to deal with helmet head from riding a motorcyle, I've had to deal with hat-head from wearing baseball caps. I used to get hat-head so bad that it would actually hurt the area when the follicles were bent the other direction.

Slick smooth bald, the only way to be O0

Offline Jdogs Better Half

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 09:55:35 PM »
While I have not ever had to deal with helmet head from riding a motorcyle, I've had to deal with hat-head from wearing baseball caps. I used to get hat-head so bad that it would actually hurt the area when the follicles were bent the other direction.

I think it hurt cos your head is so big you cant find a hat that fits!!  :@` :@` :@`

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 06:31:01 PM »

I think it hurt cos your head is so big you cant find a hat that fits!!  :@` :@` :@`

LOL  :*)) :*)) :*))

Enter your email address: