Author Topic: New Security Measures  (Read 4805 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
New Security Measures
« on: November 14, 2006, 03:01:15 PM »
Hey guys, I've added some new security measures based on today's messages and posts from "alexander."  I'm pretty sure this was a spam  bot becasuse I had the account deleted and banned within 10 minutes of the account being registered and all of you still got personal messages.

The most obvious change I made is that registration will now require you to enter the numbers from an image in order to register.  You will still have to have a valid account.

I've also limited the number of personal messages a user can send until they've reached a certain number of posts.  I'm not going to say that number because it will tip off the future spammers, but just know that they won't be able to message very many people until we know they are a worthy member.  I'm sorry to those of you that may be limited by this.

I hope this deters any future posts like the one we saw today.  But should this occur, please know that I would never allow anyone to make these types of posts and will ban them immediately upon seeing them.

Regards,

Tyler

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

KrasH

Re: New Security Measures
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 07:14:49 PM »
Do you have IP's being logged?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 08:44:37 PM »
Yeah. I banned the user based on IP and email address.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 03:56:08 PM »
What a freaky PM I had received lol I was like ummm did we change in my absense... heheh I knew it was a spammer, and had already been dealt with, besides, he wasn;t even BALD! hehe. Hope everyone is well.  MOST WELCOME to all the new peeps!  ~Yeti 
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Enter your email address: