Author Topic: Sly Scooter Rider  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Lucky

• Sly Jr.
Sly Scooter Rider
« on: September 22, 2007, 08:48:01 PM »
I started a motor scooter club back in 06 and it never really did anything until this year.  We did a Scoot For Food run.  We collected some cash along with some food and went for a ride.  We raised nearly $500.
The web site is St. Cloud Scoots  www.stcloudscoots.com  Small little club but it works for our market.

I saw the thread on what motorcycle to buy.  I say buy a Vespa scooter.  I own a 06 Vespa LX150.  I get 60-65mpg and I can do 65mph.

So I was wondering how many of the Sly guys here ride motor scooters?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Sly Scooter Rider
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 02:54:51 AM »
I've never been on a Vespa before.  I did ride my buddies scooter way back when we were in middle school.  It had pedals - that's how old it was.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 05:16:46 AM »
The Vespa is going to make a comeback, because of its great gas mileage. 65mpg??!!Awesome.

I dont ride a scooter as I have a fear of motorcycles...More along the lines of fear of automobiles running over me and killing me.

Offline Lucky

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 03:28:56 PM »
I've never been on a Vespa before.  I did ride my buddies scooter way back when we were in middle school.  It had pedals - that's how old it was.

That would be a moped and if I knew ya I would have to kill ya for making that mistake.   :x! :)  kidding

Yeah I am not a motorcycle fan. They are way to intimidating so I went with the twist and go of a modern scooter.  If you are going to ride you might as well ride with style and buy a Vespa.

Pics of my Vespa.  Just click on the image to enter that particular album.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 03:50:56 PM »
I'd have a hard time riding a scooter with my golf clubs, so no dice.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 04:14:11 PM »

That would be a moped and if I knew ya I would have to kill ya for making that mistake.   :x! :)  kidding

AHHHHHH!!!  In that case, I have never been on a scooter.  I have to admit, in places like San Francisco and other densely populated areas, they do make sense if you're not into motorcycles.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Lucky

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 07:22:06 PM »
actually mopeds are fun as well.