Author Topic: Headblade modding.  (Read 13584 times)

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
Headblade modding.
« on: September 22, 2007, 07:33:55 PM »
Being a PC modder for some time now [Seriously thinking about creating a HeadBlade case, or maybe even SBG. If I had the cash, school comes first.]

I was looking at my HB and I thought, damn wouldn't it be cool if I tricked this out with ultrabrite led with a waterproof switch and battery.
What do you guys think?

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Headblade modding.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 07:47:17 PM »
just might get you a clear HB. if you present it right. ;)

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 01:45:03 PM »
Well I found a switch I can cut down to fit, just need to pick the color of the LED's and where I am going to mount them, or just the one. I'm not sure how much battery I can fit inside this thing.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 02:53:02 AM »
That would be sweet to see that mod.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 05:23:27 AM »
Yeah I'd love to see a tricked out HB, that would be really cool. Maybe you could add little rims on the wheels if you have a Sport model O0

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 09:58:01 AM »
Yeah I'd love to see a tricked out HB, that would be really cool. Maybe you could add little rims on the wheels if you have a Sport model O0

I'm too poor a student to be able to order that stuff off the HB site, I'm still amazed I found the classic at Lawton's. I've already started the process of modding it with my dremel. I have to pick up some resistors tonight and figure out what color led's I want to use, from what I have. It's gonna be 1337 though ;)

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 10:12:43 PM »
I put spinners on my wheels on teh headblade...pretty cool....good thing I dont have hair..or it would get all caught up in it.

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 10:24:34 PM »
Are there such things as yellow LEDs?
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 01:36:48 PM »
Are there such things as yellow LEDs?
Yeah bro, check out this site. http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g44/c77/s117/list/p1/DIYMod_Parts-LED_Lighting-3mm_LED-Page1.html these are all high quality not the inexpensive @#$% you find in most electronics.

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 03:53:32 PM »
Very cool!
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 04:46:08 PM »
I have most of the extra plastic dremeled out now, still can't decide color of led's. Trying to find a small rechargable battery [nearly impossible to find for something this small!]

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 05:10:18 PM »
Hey you should check out the thread called Pimp My Blade there were some neat ideas on there. Also I thought about useing some small watch type batteries and pulling apart my old vibrating razzor and putting the moter in the HeadBlade and the on off switch could be the logo on the front of the razzor.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 08:29:49 PM »
Hey you should check out the thread called Pimp My Blade there were some neat ideas on there. Also I thought about useing some small watch type batteries and pulling apart my old vibrating razzor and putting the moter in the HeadBlade and the on off switch could be the logo on the front of the razzor.

I'm trying to find a viable waterproof option that is rechargable. If your looking for small electric motors pull a pager apart of a newer cell phone, lots of stuff to play ith  :x!

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 06:18:56 PM »
O K guys, I have a dilemma today my wonderful lay-day found the ever elusive HEAD BLADE SPORT!!! anyway, now that I have this I have two options. Continue my mod of the classic, or do a little redesign and mod the sport. Thoughts? I'm going to attach some pictures of the two switches I am looking at using too.

Personally I am leaning towards using the classic because its "expendable" but I would have an easier time putting the aviation style switch on the sport.

Offline Deadbob

• Dust Collector
  • Sly
  • Bald - Again
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 01:27:12 AM »
Stay with the classic

The reason i say this is it'll allow you to work out all the kinks without destroying the sport that took you forever to find

Enter your email address: