Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 637241 times)

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #1110 on: September 27, 2012, 04:48:36 PM »
Might it not be time to drop this discussion? 

I know this is heresy, but... it's only hair, and razor technology has moved into fantasy-land.

Can you remove the hair with whatever you have to hand OK?  Me, yes, and it's an ancient (sixty year past blade).

Does your razor do OK?  By "OK," I mean, "Are you willing to flaunt the results in public?"  If you are... then your razor is good enough.

Come on, guys--it's just shaving; it's not saving the world.  Or (frankly) yourself.

Let's move on to "important" matters.  Flossing, maybe.

Confused.

Offline mark

• Sly Jr.
    • Personal Trainer
Re: Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #1111 on: October 06, 2012, 11:57:55 AM »
I used my Rambo knife.
Www.coachcampana.com

theman

Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #1112 on: October 06, 2012, 12:09:57 PM »
 ;D Kind of like C. Dundee when a lady came out he was using his knife, but he had a safety razor in his waste band.

Offline Ironvalor

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #1113 on: October 07, 2012, 04:30:47 PM »
I have been shaving My head for about 11 or 12 years now. I have tried just about everything. My then girlfriend  ( now wife )and I were vacationing down in the Smokies and I forgot my Mach3 at the house and I didnt really feel like coming into town from our cabin just to buy a razor so I stole one of her Venus cartridges and used it on My head along with My barbosol mentholated. Man alive what a difference! There was no razor burn whatsoever and as soon as I got back I started using the Mach3 just for My face.

She is a pharmacy Manager and I use her discount to buy the supplies with now and it saves me a ton of money.

Hope this helps
Central Kentucky Leatherhead- Punga Incendia DTRT-EGH Central KY F.O.O.L.S.

Offline clarinetguy

• BBC and Sly since April 22,2012
  • Super Sly
« Reply #1114 on: October 07, 2012, 10:47:01 PM »
Headblade Sport here since last April when I went BBC.  Works well- use my Fusion single blade for around the ears when necessary.

Offline mccompunerd

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #1115 on: October 10, 2012, 05:16:14 AM »
I've been rocking the HeadBlade Sport since last Friday. Still use my Fusion ProGlide on my face, and around my ears if I miss spots with the HeadBlade.
So far haven't had any trouble with the HeadBlade, and somehow managed to nick myself on the ear with the Fusion.

Offline CowtownBaldie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1116 on: October 12, 2012, 08:26:27 PM »
Well I mostly use the Schick Xtreme II with Nivea For Men shave cream. For quick touch ups I have an old Philips tripple head rotary razor that does a pretty decent job.

Offline Doctor X

• Sly Jr.
  • BBC: Because Sly is WAY better than bad hair.
« Reply #1117 on: November 21, 2012, 11:29:58 AM »
Still experimenting with the HB atx,  but I'm still having to switch to the M5 magnum to finish off. It's a shame, because the atx is much easier on my shoulders, but there are places i just can't get adequately with the HB.

Offline bbcguytom

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1118 on: December 01, 2012, 07:57:24 PM »
Don't laugh: A disposable 3-bladed disposable from Target! Hey, it works for me. I was using the Schick Xtreme 3 Sensitive but it got too expensive!

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #1119 on: December 04, 2012, 02:17:54 AM »
I also use a 3_bladed disposable once in a while. Works well for me too.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1120 on: December 04, 2012, 03:27:52 AM »
My main razor is the HB Sport, but I love my 1,2 and 3 blade disposables. Do an excellent job and very cheap.

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1121 on: December 04, 2012, 09:53:38 AM »
Just used a Schick Hydro 3 for the first time this morning. The shave didn't feel quite as close as the Mach 3 (that could just be because I'm not used to handling the Hydro yet), but it was definitely hassle-free. Nothing even close to a nick or a burn. In short, I like it. I'll stick with it for now.  O0
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline ZachM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1122 on: December 09, 2012, 07:01:07 PM »
I was using a HeadBlade but couldn't get the hang of it.  Went back to my Fusion but started using the M5 Magnum which I like so far. 

Offline Yogibear

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #1123 on: December 13, 2012, 08:17:50 PM »
Hey guys..... just joined so here goes..... been shaving the chrome dome for over a year and just left wal mart after buying a MICROforce for only $10. Claimed to give the closeness of a blade... so i hit the chrome dome on the way home (while driving I might add) and just as close as a wet shave with a Mach3...just thought I would pass the word.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #1124 on: December 13, 2012, 09:07:06 PM »
Welcome Yogi .  How about a pic.
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Enter your email address: