Author Topic: this 5 year old kid wants 2 go sly.....  (Read 4715 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
this 5 year old kid wants 2 go sly.....
« on: September 21, 2007, 08:03:55 PM »
hey fellow chome domers.....i have this female co-worker who has a 5 year-old son that wants 2 shave his head.  why do u ask?  well.... u  c  my co-worker has a fiancee who is sly and he has been a better father figure than his biological father.  basically the biological father is a sperm donor (if ya know what i mean).  anyways.... her fiancee has been an instrumental part in the boy's life that he wants 2 shave his head.  i've met the 5 year old kid & he is a "character" however the mom doesn't want him 2 shave the noggin' until he is atleast 16-17 years of age.  anyways.... i thought that was pretty kool story 2 share with ya guys.   and 2 let ya know that the power of the sly influences everybody....even a 5 year old boy. ;D O0 O0

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

jcroce1994

Re: this 5 year old kid wants 2 go sly.....
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 08:16:53 PM »
Kids today have long hair, short hair, matted hair, braided hair, blue hair, streaked hair, spiked hair... why is this mom putting an age restriction on NO HAIR??  Seems like she's ruling out the least objectionable hair style.  :/O

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 08:22:31 PM »
I have 2 boys  8 and 11... and ever since I've been SLY my 8 year old has wanted me to shave his head.  Now the 11 year old is into growing his hair out and he hasn't hit the age yet where he's keeping his hair well groomed and combed so it's somewhat of a battle with him on the other extreme.  I tell my older son that I don't mind him growing his hair out a little as long as he takes care of it and keeps it clean and combed.

I can't bring myself to let the 8 year old shave his head yet.  I just think he needs to be a little older.  So I just have the 2 extemes going on at my house.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 08:38:07 PM »
Kids today have long hair, short hair, matted hair, braided hair, blue hair, streaked hair, spiked hair... why is this mom putting an age restriction on NO HAIR??  Seems like she's ruling out the least objectionable hair style.  :/O

For one thing, a 5-year-old is too young to handle a razor and shave his own head.  An adult would have to do it for him.  Most people have enough to do without adding that chore to their daily routine.  Aside from that, children that young look ill when they don't have any hair. 

Bald_freak

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 08:44:37 PM »

For one thing, a 5-year-old is too young to handle a razor and shave his own head.  An adult would have to do it for him.  Most people have enough to do without adding that chore to their daily routine.  Aside from that, children that young look ill when they don't have any hair. 

I agree with you Razor, give the kid a buzz cut with shears for now. when he hits puberty then he can go Mr. Clean.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 08:55:07 PM »

I agree with you Razor, give the kid a buzz cut with shears for now. when he hits puberty then he can go Mr. Clean.
Have to agree with all of the above.  Add to that peer pressure ... it may be fun to look like Daddy at home, but can they handle the ribbing of fellow students at school (and kids are cruel).
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 08:59:18 PM »

Have to agree with all of the above.  Add to that peer pressure ... it may be fun to look like Daddy at home, but can they handle the ribbing of fellow students at school (and kids are cruel).

Even if there is no teasing, kids that age change their minds all the time.  Once your head is shaved, it's something you have to live with until the hair grows back.  Not a big deal for an adult but a month (or two, to grow out past buzz-cut length) can be a very long time for a young kid.

Offline nilagorilla

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 09:19:56 PM »
I remember wehn I was a lil dude about 8 I guess and I had a buzz all over with prob. the 2nd to shortest guard and couldnt go anywhere without someone asking my mom if I was dealing with cancer...crazy

jcroce1994

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 09:24:05 PM »

I don't know that I agree about the looking ill part, but since I don't have any kids myself, I'll bow to your parental expertise on the rest of the issue. Personally, keeping my head shaved takes about 15 minutes out of my week, total. (I shave every other day. It takes about 5 minutes.)  I just didn't see that as an issue for parents.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 10:17:05 PM »

I have to agree with both here, a five year old should not have a shaved head, if anything a nice buzz/crew cut. It's natural for a kid to have hair and part of growing up is being able to have different styles.
I actually like the fact that some of the younger kids are getting into a bit longer hair these days. It reminds me of my youth, when I would get buzzed with a crewcut for the summer, but then I would grow it long after summer ended.
A shaved bald head on a child that young, unfortunately, would have people thinking he was ill.
Like Freak said, when they hit puberty, which happens to be the time when you usually start caring more about how you look, then they can decide if it's for them. And then they would have to convince the parents, lol.

Enter your email address: