Author Topic: Original IPOD or New style???  (Read 3228 times)

Offline baldchief99

• Sly Guy in Training
    • http://www.myspace.com/stevesample76
Original IPOD or New style???
« on: September 21, 2007, 07:44:01 PM »
OK guys I need your help.  I am going to buy my first Ipod and I dont know if I should go with one of the original Ipods or get the new style with WiFi and the touch screen.  Any suggestions or experiences with them.  Thanks ahead for all your help. O0

KALBO

Re: Original IPOD or New style???
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 02:14:02 PM »
Have no idea what the new iPod is like...but have been satisfied with the "classic" iPod for quite some time, still consider it the greatest invention ever! O0

I'm sure the new technology is great, but you could save some $$$ by going with the classic!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 02:55:50 AM »
I've played with the iPhone, and it's sweet!  So, I'd have to say that if you can afford the new style, I'd give it a shot.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 05:14:21 AM »
My ethos has always been regarding any new tech gadget is to never buy the first one that comes out. Usually waiting for the 2nd or 3rd gen device, all the bugs and tech problems with the first one are ironed out. iPod and iPhone are great examples.

Baldchief IMHO I would get a 30gb video Ipod which is 5th generation. Great battery life and can store over 7500 songs. I've had mine for over 1 year(my 1st generation iPod was stolen,had horrible battery life and lagged in the controls).

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 06:36:28 AM »
Personally, I'm waiting for the iPhone nano :-D
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

KALBO

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 10:45:09 AM »
Looked at the new iPod in the iTunes store...

Doesn't look like it's got the capacity of the classic for a higher price.

Sorry, I have a small selection at 5000+ songs, but have plenty of room for more on my classic(60G).

I'm not even tempted at compromising my collection...

Offline Rhymez

• McGarry
  • Super Sly
  • Hip Hop 4 Life!
    • Notorious R-MC
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 02:42:20 PM »
ot an iPod nano, and it suits me fine. If I had some deep pockets I would go after the iPhone tho. from what I have seen it throws the other iPods away.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 04:06:16 PM »
Ipod Nano. I can't even invision ever needing 7500+ tunes.

shakf

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 11:16:32 PM »
My ethos has always been regarding any new tech gadget is to never buy the first one that comes out. Usually waiting for the 2nd or 3rd gen device, all the bugs and tech problems with the first one are ironed out.

I couldn't agree more. That's my thoughts precisely on a lot of the gadgets that come out new. I tend to wait then buy when cheaper once all the faults and recalls are resolved.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 11:36:51 PM »
My ethos has always been regarding any new tech gadget is to never buy the first one that comes out. Usually waiting for the 2nd or 3rd gen device, all the bugs and tech problems with the first one are ironed out.

I couldn't agree more. That's my thoughts precisely on a lot of the gadgets that come out new. I tend to wait then buy when cheaper once all the faults and recalls are resolved.

Yeah I bought the 1st generation iPod for 500 bucks and 1 year later they were 150 bucks cheaper and the battery lasted 10 times as long.

Offline Deadbob

• Dust Collector
  • Sly
  • Bald - Again
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 04:15:42 AM »
Well, i have a 6 Gb iPod Mini (3rd gen ipod and was replaced by the Nano), but I plan to upgrade to the 160Gb iPod Classic by years end.

Why do I need so much storage? Well, I have close to 20 Gigs of MP3's on my computer, and i have gotten tired of looking for a song only to find out iTunes removed the tune on the last sync. So with my ever growing MP3 library, I'd like to have enough room to last me for a few years (I've had this iPod for over almost 3 years now)

I love the touch screen, but I know I'd trash the poor thing (which is why I have a Samsung Blackjack for a cell instead of an iPhone)... that and the 16Gb iPod touch is $50 more than the 160Gb iPod classic  :/O

Now that I've blabbered on about my personal taste... check E-bay. you should be able to get a good deal on a 5th Gen iPod or the new Nano. The reason I suggest those 2 is because they both will allow you to download EVERYTHING that is available in the iTunes store. Also check your local electronic store... the Best Buy a few miles from my house has all the "old" iPod's on clearance... we're talking $50 - $100 below what they were selling for a month ago

Offline Rhymez

• McGarry
  • Super Sly
  • Hip Hop 4 Life!
    • Notorious R-MC
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 06:33:49 PM »
iPod recently came out with a new video nano. Looks pretty sweet. I might just buy one of those.