Author Topic: Headblade Triple Troubles  (Read 2651 times)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
Headblade Triple Troubles
« on: September 20, 2007, 05:36:48 PM »
I used the Headslick today for a change to see if it the HB triple works better with it's own product line. I believe that they were made to work together. I got a smoother feeling shave today with headslick. Still had some sticking points on the sides, but overall it went much smoother and the blade glided better than with Alpha gel.
I'm also wondering if these blades get better as you use them. Some of you have said that you go for weeks with the same blade and still get close shaves. Could it be true?, and does anyone have their own issues for or against HB triples?

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Headblade Triple Troubles
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 05:55:20 PM »
Joe I have never used the HB triple blades so I cant make an accurate comparison. I would expect that the triple blades would work great with the headslick as the water based shave cream doesnt clog the 3 blades which I think may be the problem with the KOS Alphagel.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 07:15:36 PM »
I don't get as good of shave with the trips as I do the doubles, but I do get better shaves with the second, third, and fourth shaves than I do the first shave with a blade.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 07:41:57 PM »
Like Tyler, I get a better shave after the very first one, but am a big fan of the triples.  They seem to give me a very close, longer lasting shave than any other I've tried.   
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

jusbnme

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 09:47:32 PM »
The only thing I have found that I like about the trips is that they will most likely never nick you.  I have never been nicked once with the first batch I tried.  I mean I even put pressure down, which I had to with them to get a good cut, and didn't get a nick.  Other than that the Atra dubs are the best in my opinion.  Then again I haven't tried HB's own dubs.  So I can't comment on them but I couldn't see them getting any closer and giving any smoother of a shave than the Atras.  I'm speaking of the name brand Gillette Atras now.  I've tried the knock off brands and even though they do a fairly decent job they can't compare to the Atras.

Offline hipstersaint

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 10:06:39 PM »
yeah, I didn't really love the triples, for some reason, I found they were not as close and I had a lot of missed spots, like they didn't pivot as well maybe. the double atra blades work quite nicely for me.
   and the Cryogenic blades I got are pretty amazing! one blade really does last a long long time!! 

jusbnme

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 12:52:02 PM »
I believe after using the last batch of trips I have to change my opinion.  I actually do like the HB trips better than the atra dubs.  The one main thing I have always loved about them is that I never get any irritation with them or get nicked by them.  The problem I always had was that they seemed not to give as good of a shave as any dubs I've tried.  Especially the Atras.  But taking the advice of some of the other sly bro trip users here I was patient with them and they did start giving a very close cut by the third shave.  So I think I have finally found my perfect mix.  Plus now that the HB triple kit is available at my local Wal-Greens I'm good to go. 

KALBO

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 02:51:55 PM »
HB Trips are all I use.  They last long for me, but like most of you all already know...don't think it is so much the blade's expected life, but my very thin hair to begin with.  I usually swap out my blade every 3-4 weeks.

jcroce1994

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 11:06:51 PM »
I really don't really like the Headslick. It's not horrible, but it's kinda slimy and it dries out too quickly for me. I have to keep re wetting my head.  BaldGuyz gel rinses easier and stays moister longer I think.

I got really badly nicked using a HB double, and when I complained, they sent me trips to try.  Much better.  Maybe not as good as my Mach III, but a huge improvement over the dubs. And not a single nick.

I've never noticed the 'first shave' phenomenon. My blades, Mach III or HB trips, seem to last about a month, maybe six weeks before they start to drag so bad I feel the need to change them. But then, I'm pretty bald on top, and I don' t think my beard is very heavy compared to a lot of guyz.