Author Topic: Waxing head  (Read 5119 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Waxing head
« on: December 20, 2023, 11:24:36 AM »
Long time I?ve been curious about getting my head waxed because I?m hoping it will last a lot longer than shaving.

For a number of years I?ve been getting my back and shoulders waxed regularly but I?ve never been able to find a waxing technician was ready to do my head Hair ? Until yesterday !

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Waxing head
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 11:27:45 AM »
The guy who was waxing my back and shoulders looked at my head hair and said that because it was very thin and fine it would come off very easily as long as I could stand the pain so we tried a couple of test strips and to tell the truth it was no more painful than my back and shoulders!

Since waxing pulls the hair out from the bottom of the follicles You cannot believe how smooth the skin  is.  No shaving stubble whatsoever even know after 24 hours it is still perfectly smooth. 

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 11:30:33 AM »
The technician told me that if we keep doing it the hair all the finer and finer until it?s almost nonexistent.   I did have to let it grow to a quarter of an inch though in order for the wax strips to have something to grab onto He also said that each time it would be less and less painful because each time you rip out the hair follicles with the wax the damage is their ability to regrow new hair.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 05:56:20 AM »
Keep us posted!   I would be very interested in having this done.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023, 06:30:53 AM »
Interesting, but I have way too much hair to do this. I'm just starting to recede a little bit in the front corners! If they ever come up with a permanent hair removal process for grey hair, I would definitely consider it.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2023, 07:10:59 AM »
I have heard of guys doing this but had always understood that it was difficult and painful since head hair is so thick.  Typically, the hair on the sides and back remain thick even we we loose the top.  Have you noticed thinning on your sides and back of the head?

Please keep us posted on how this goes with repeated waxing.  I would be interested to know how often you will need to have it waxed, and how much you have to shave in between.
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2023, 12:00:11 PM »
I have heard of guys doing this but had always understood that it was difficult and painful since head hair is so thick.  Typically, the hair on the sides and back remain thick even we we loose the top.  Have you noticed thinning on your sides and back of the head?

Please keep us posted on how this goes with repeated waxing.  I would be interested to know how often you will need to have it waxed, and how much you have to shave in between.

I am not sure that I?m gonna keep doing it for several reasons:
1.  It is very expensive he charges 175 bucks to do the head
2.  It will grow back and you have to let it grow back all the way to a quarter of an inch before it?s long enough for him to be able to wax it again and I don?t think I want to let my stubbly head grow out that long I will miss my smooth clean shave
3.  Even after doing many times it will never be perfectly 100% here free like laser would be

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2023, 01:30:41 PM »
No more wintertime flattops?

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2023, 08:43:48 AM »
No more wintertime flattops?
My flat tops are in the summer now not in the winter because I live in Florida in the winter and I?ve never been able to find anybody down there who?s been able to do a flat top on the baby fine hair without screwing it up so I always start out right around Christmas time or New Year?s Day with a freshly shaved head and then don?t go this laptop back again if at all until summertime when I am back in Chicago.

There is one guy in Chicago who is able to do my flat tops of the baby fine here but it cost me between Haircut and tip and parking about $55-$60 and that?s twice a month and that?s very expensive to keep the Flattop!  Add to that the fact that my hair has gotten so baby find the cell color list that I need to put some gray reduction shampoo into it every week and it?s a real pain in the ass to take care of my Flattop.

I am however starting a new part-time job in about two weeks as a barber at the VA barbershop at the VA hospital in St. Petersburg Florida I?ll be able to get free haircuts from the other guy who works there but he doesn?t know how to do flat tops and doesn?t even want to try doing them!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2023, 10:10:14 AM »
I think my flattop days are over. The last couple times I grew my hair, it was so baby fine it looked terrible. Also a little receding in the front corners ruins the front for a flattop. Makes it easy to realize completely bald is probably my best look!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Buzzhead

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2023, 06:06:01 PM »
I have to regularly pluck hair off my ears and it comes back as healthy as ever.  I've been doing this for several years so I don't think the hairs will weaken by plucking.
Buzz

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2023, 09:35:13 PM »

Head after waxing.  It really shines!

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2023, 10:49:21 AM »
Did they wax your head all at once, or did they divide it up in sections?   How was the pain level?    I?m thinking about having this done myself. 

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2023, 08:01:28 AM »
Did they wax your head all at once, or did they divide it up in sections?   How was the pain level?    I?m thinking about having this done myself.
they did it in strips phone inch and a half wide and 3 inches long

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2023, 06:21:26 PM »
I like the stache and tats. Are some of the tats new?  I know you had some work in progress from what I recall.
SlyBeard

Enter your email address: