Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 1151 times)

Offline SmoothieHQ

• Learning the way of Sly
Greetings!
« on: November 26, 2023, 08:08:48 AM »
Hey everyone!
I'm HQ, 24yo, and I've just shaved my head for the first time!
I've been balding since I was 20, and I've been trimming my head short for as long as I remember, but I've always wanted to do the razor shave and I did :D
Tbh, I haven't found much of a difference, and I haven't gone out since, so I don't know how the reaction will be as well, but we'll see.
Anyway, glad to join this nice society, and looking forward to knowing you and reading your stories.

PS. Also rocking ADHD for 4 years now, and due to that, I've never done smth like that before, but a change is always nice!

Online Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 12:27:22 PM »
Way cool dude!  Welcome to our club. I’m really glad you took the decision to grab the blade and go full on sly. Many of us here on the border proponents of the 30 day rule which advocates that you keep it smoothly shave for a minimum of 30 days before you make a calm reason that decision as to whether you want to keep it full bald or go back to any kind of hair.

Offline SmoothieHQ

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 01:28:06 PM »
Thx thx
Well, I've read that in the other posts, and I'm planning to do so too.
And honestly, I'm starting to like it, and with the way my hair fell out, it's impossible to pull it any other way. Planning on keeping it smooth for now!
The only downside is that wearing a winter hat now feels very weird, so I'm learning to embrace it now lol (winter in Poland, what can u do :|)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 01:29:38 PM by SmoothieHQ »

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 04:49:24 AM »
Welcome to the group! Definitely give it 30 days, and have fun learning what works best for you. Yes, you'll get alot of different comments, but it sounds like you like your "baldie" haircut. Hats are definitely required in the cold weather, but I always remove it when I enter a building!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Online Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2023, 10:17:58 AM »
Thx thx
Well, I've read that in the other posts, and I'm planning to do so too.
And honestly, I'm starting to like it, and with the way my hair fell out, it's impossible to pull it any other way. Planning on keeping it smooth for now!
The only downside is that wearing a winter hat now feels very weird, so I'm learning to embrace it now lol (winter in Poland, what can u do :|)

I have a stocking cap that is made from extremely smooth fibers and it feels really wonderful on a clean shaven head

Offline SmoothieHQ

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2023, 01:18:16 PM »
Thanks guys
Yup, it's going well, maybe a bit weird before I shave; the hair growing feels weird af lol, and I'm getting used to the hat. And definetly taking it off when I'm indoors.
Also, got a not-so-bad beard, so that's looking well with the shave. But planning to grow it more, I think it would look better
Got any suggestions on products (head and beard wise - eu available)?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2023, 01:08:53 PM »
@SmoothieHQ , after you get in a routine, you'll have to decide how often you shave. Alot of guys go 2 or 3 days between shaves. With my white hair, you can't even see it before 4 days or more, but I don't like the stubble, so I shave daily. Many of us like the feel of a totally smooth head, so we shave every day. I'm glad you are liking the baldie life so far, after 30 days you will be hooked!

Are there alot of headshavers in Poland? It's now a very common/popular style here.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline SmoothieHQ

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2023, 01:46:10 PM »
@reddog thanks for the tip. I've seen how much the hair grows and it's not noticable before I shave it at all, but I feel like it's weird; I liked the smooth feel better, and I'm used to this back when I used to shave my beard, but on the head it hits differently.

Well, there's a fair number of people here like that yes, and back home as well (Syrian not Polish). I feel like it's common in the people I see