Author Topic: How to embrace it | Section 5  (Read 3693 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
How to embrace it | Section 5
« on: September 16, 2023, 09:38:15 PM »
Some men, can just embrace their hair loss and wear their hair the way it is, often eventually cutting it shorter and shorter until their hair is just around the sides of their head and it’s bald on top. There’s nothing wrong with this because it’s all about YOUR CONFIDENCE, not your hair. Many men, choose to shave their head; just look around the next time you’re around a bunch of people. This can put a physical act to the decision to embrace it.
At Sly Bald Guys, we have what’s called the 30-day rule. It’s a simple rule to shave your head for 30 days straight and then evaluate how you feel after 30 days. 98% of the time the guy reports that his confidence has gone WAY UP in that 30 days and he decides to keep shaving it going forward. If you’re not comfortable with just embracing your hair the way it is, then I suggest you shave it for 30 days straight.

A note about shaving: Shaving = ALL THE WAY TO THE SKIN. This can be done with a razor or electric razor. You’ll need to buzz your hair down with clippers first, but then take a razor to it. For advice on how to do this, go to https://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?board=2.0 and read that board. If you still have questions, then create a free account and ask away. We’re all very supportive!

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
Re: How to embrace it | Section 5
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 08:26:55 AM »
I should have followed the 30 day rule back in the day.  I probably shaved my head 3 or 4 times before keeping it 30 days.   At this point, I can’t imagine going 30 days with hair. 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 10:44:57 AM »
.  I probably shaved my head 3 or 4 times before keeping it 30 days.

Same here.  I was stuck in a vicious cycle of wanting to shave, then shaving, then feeling self conscious and growing it back after a few days, and then regretting that decision and wanting to shave again.

Offline cmac

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 11:18:49 AM »
@Razor X how many months did it take you to get over that and commit to shaving?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2023, 11:27:21 AM »
It’s embarrassing to admit now but it took the better part of two years.  I shaved my head for the first time in January of 2002 over a long weekend.  Had not planned to shave but I had buzzed my hair too short so I figured why not.  I let it grow back right away.  I shaved again a few times over the next several months but I don’t think I ever kept it for more than a week.

Finally, in November 2003, I looked at a photo and saw how bad my hair was looking and got the itch to shave again.  The fact that I’d already shaved it several times proved that I really wanted a shaved head but I was letting a lot of external forces interfere with that.   I decided I was going to shave my head, and keep it shaved every day for an entire month, no matter what.  At the end of the month I was feeling a lot more confident and decided I could do this for three months.  And then when three months were up, I decided to go for six.  And after that I really didn’t thunk about growing it out again.  So come November I will be 20 years into my 30 day trial.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2023, 11:37:13 AM »
@Razor X how many months did it take you to get over that and commit to shaving?
In general I found the following the 30 day rule was all it took

There have been several times where I have grown and back out just for a change and I found the growing out. To be one of the most frustrating things of my life

And every year I go back to shaving my head at least on New Year’s Day and either keep it for six months or a full year there after before even thinking about trying to grow it out again

Offline cmac

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2023, 11:38:25 AM »
@Razor X 20 years, congrats! Understandable it took some time to adjust. I am only two months and still get self conscious at times but like you said I go back and forth between wanting to shave, shaving, feeling self conscious, growing it out for a fee days, and then wanting to shave again. Feel like I am slowly getting over that hurdle and ready to stay sly though. Like you mentioned wanting to shave in your 20s, i am there and did and glad i did.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2023, 10:26:24 PM »
I shaved my head the day after this photo was taken. It looks a bit worse than I remembered.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2023, 07:22:01 AM »
I have to say @Razor X that you look much better, and cooler, now that you are bald and bearded.
SlyBeard

Offline cmac

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2023, 10:58:51 AM »
@Razor X & @slybeard I agree, a lot cooler with bald and beard.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2023, 11:01:03 AM »
@Razor X  congratulations on 20 years. You are sly nobility here!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2023, 01:17:16 PM »
Thanks.