Author Topic: Headaches with hair growth  (Read 2015 times)

Offline BaldBassMan

• Sly Guy in Training
Headaches with hair growth
« on: September 16, 2023, 08:33:22 PM »
Hey guys, been a long time since I've been here, but wanted to check in and see if I'm alone in this boat. Been shaving my head about 10 years or so now, and I've noticed when I get lazy and don't shave for a week or so, I'm more prone to getting a headache. Now, I will say that I've had chronic headaches and migraines for the past 20ish years, but they seem to be more frequent and more severe when I'm unshaven. Been battling them the past few days, thought work had me stressed out, then today I finally shaved, and the headache was all but gone by the time I was done shaving. It's something I've recognized for a while now, but today's events seem to solidify my curiosity that much more. Anybody else have this happen or receive and explanation as to why it happens?

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. - Romans 12:2

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Headaches with hair growth
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 11:21:41 PM »
I've never heard of that happening, but I'm also curious to see if other guys here have experienced that or heard of it.

So it happens about a week after shaving? Do you wear a hat when you don't shave?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2023, 05:44:05 AM »
I haven't had that problem. I notice alot of itchiness after a few days of not shaving.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 06:54:24 AM »
I always got headaches when wearing a hat or sometimes even with sun shades.  Seems like anything that put the slightest pressure on my head caused them. Since going sly, I have not let the hair grow back that much, but I suspect that if I did, the new sensation of the hair may cause headaches as well.
SlyBeard

Offline BaldBassMan

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 08:51:24 AM »
I've never heard of that happening, but I'm also curious to see if other guys here have experienced that or heard of it.

So it happens about a week after shaving? Do you wear a hat when you don't shave?

Roughly a week, yeah. I'll wear hats occasionally, mainly when outside doing yard work or with the kids, but I'd say it's less than 10% of the time.
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. - Romans 12:2

Offline JohnRa

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2023, 05:14:35 AM »
Hi. Could it be that your body knows that it's going into headache mode which results in you being lazy and not shaving? Are you a sufferer of cluster headaches? Those show up frequently and are often classified as worse than migraines, then they suddenly disappear for awhile and come back just as suddenly.

Offline BaldBassMan

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2023, 05:49:47 AM »
Hi. Could it be that your body knows that it's going into headache mode which results in you being lazy and not shaving? Are you a sufferer of cluster headaches? Those show up frequently and are often classified as worse than migraines, then they suddenly disappear for awhile and come back just as suddenly.

No, not likely. The thing is, I've had chronic headaches and migraines for over 20 years now, so I never really leave "headache mode" so to speak. As far as cluster headaches go, not that I've ever noticed or been diagnosed. Headaches for me are simply a part of life, just as they were for my father and now it seems my son too. In the past 20 years the longest I've gone without a headache or some kind is probably less than a month, some being more severe than others of course.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2023, 11:39:35 AM »
Well regardless of what is causing your headaches if you find a keeping your head shaved gives you some relief but it doesn’t seem to me that there’s even a question about it you should keep your head shaved!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2023, 07:27:56 AM »

we have a lot of nerves in our heads so could be pulling.  I've hear of women that wear wigs getting headaches so my advice is to keep shaving, if not, the headaches will go away at some point.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2023, 10:13:47 AM »
Well there are a lot of nerves in our scalp and associated areas of skin that contribute to headaches.

I have suffered from headaches for years and people suggested that I get a daith piercing in one or  both of my ears and that it can help I thought they were crazy but I did it and they were right! It seems to work along the same principle as acupressure.  I still get headaches but not nearly as often and not nearly as severe.