Author Topic: Older guys can look younger!  (Read 2531 times)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Older guys can look younger!
« on: September 12, 2023, 01:44:53 PM »
I was standing in line at the bank today, and the gal behind me struck up a conversation. She was talking about how the bank tellers used to be, and said I might not remember as I was younger than her. Then she mentioned she was 62, and I laughed and told her I was almost 70. She couldn't believe it, and I told her my haircut helps. She told me she thought it looked great. It was less than an hour since I shaved, so my head was smooth and shiny!

Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Older guys can look younger!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 09:49:22 PM »
I am jealous!

But I find that in Florida every old guy is bald so a shaven head just makes me look even older than I am !

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 07:45:44 AM »
I go to several classic car meets every week, and most of the guys are older and thin or bald on top. They all wear baseball caps, and seldom remove them. A few clipper their hair very short, but are chained to their caps. I'm usually the only baldie without a cap. I like my shaved head, and like to show it off!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 07:47:47 AM »
I turned 60 years old three weeks ago.  A younger guy at work thought I was no older than 55.  What little hair I have left is white.  I guess I’ve literally shaved five years off of my age!

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023, 07:52:33 AM »
@reddog, i hardly ever wear a cap unless I’m spending a full day working in the yard.   Otherwise I show off my bald head with pride!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2023, 08:47:30 AM »
I rarely wear a hat of any kind.  I never liked them, they always seemed uncomfortable to me.  But now I do not want to cover my head.
SlyBeard

Offline cmac

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2023, 12:03:14 PM »
From the opposite end on the younger guy side, i have not been carded since shaving my head. I also get called sir more often, especially with a fresh shaved head. Everyone who is sly looks between 30-50 for a long time outside of those years.

I agree, hats are overrated. I would much rather show off my bald head than hide it with a hat.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2023, 01:41:59 PM »
Between @cmac and @reddog feedback…..maybe us sly guys are immortally aged somewhere between 30 and 50  :)

I seldom wear a hat. It feels weird. And I like to show off my bald head. Even a winter knit hat on a shaved head feels weird and is annoying like Velcro if there’s a little scruff. Summer, I’ll wear a mesh trucker hat so my scalp can at least breathe unlike a regular ball cap. And i do like the way rain feels on my head in the summer.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 01:44:51 PM by Razorhead »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2023, 01:44:03 PM »
I was standing in line at the bank today, and the gal behind me struck up a conversation. She was talking about how the bank tellers used to be, and said I might not remember as I was younger than her. Then she mentioned she was 62, and I laughed and told her I was almost 70. She couldn't believe it, and I told her my haircut helps. She told me she thought it looked great. It was less than an hour since I shaved, so my head was smooth and shiny!

You do look much younger than 70.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2023, 07:33:10 AM »
My wife tells me I look younger but at 72, it doesn't matter what I look like. 

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2023, 06:29:44 PM »
A few years ago I decided to grow my hair out and do a Larry Finklestein type ponytail. After about 6 months my hair had grown about an inch, and I looked like I was 90. So I went back to shaving and been doin' it ever since.

I did have a younger woman (probably 30s) guess that I was early 50s. My next birthday is my 71st.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.