Author Topic: Laser Hair Removal  (Read 2451 times)

Offline chuck63

• Sly
Laser Hair Removal
« on: June 09, 2023, 07:48:03 AM »
After going back and forth for a couple of years, I’ve kept myself shaved bald for the past 3 years.  I love the clean feeling of a freshly shaven head.   After deciding not to ever grow my hair back, I talked to my wife about having laser hair removal on my head.  She was very supportive of the idea and went with me to my first appointment a couple of weeks ago.   The process was easy and took about fifteen minutes start to finish.   My technician has about ten years of experience and did an excellent job.  I’m her fourth client that’s had this done.   The only area where it was uncomfortable was the back of my head where hair is the thickest.  I’ve noticed great results in the second week and would say half of my hair is gone.   It’s much quicker and easier to shave now and I end up with a smoother head than I ever have had before.   I’m scheduled for a total of ten sessions, four weeks apart.   I’m pretty excited about this process going forward and will share my results on this page. 

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
Re: Laser Hair Removal
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 06:47:38 PM »
Good luck! Keep us posted. Do you think you will need all 10 sessions if half your hair is already gone?

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2023, 01:42:58 PM »
Good luck with your treatments! 

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2023, 08:04:27 AM »
Thanks for the support, guys.  Ten sessions should get me through two hair growth cycles.   I’ll post updates going forward. 

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2023, 09:41:50 AM »
Good luck and keep us updated with your progress.  I would consider the same if I had enough color remaining.

Do you have to let you hair re-grow some before each session so the technician can see where hair remains, or for the laser has enough hair to be effective?
SlyBeard

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2023, 09:52:01 AM »
I have a good bit of grey myself, but as I said, the results have been good.  My technician asked if I had shaved within the past 48 hours.  I had shaved the previous day so I was good.

Offline bam bam

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2023, 09:08:26 PM »
keep us updated, Chuck. good luck on your laser hair removal journey. I will be starting mine on June 29. I'm doing mine at a medspa where they have three types of laser Alexandrite, Diode, and Yag. My technician told me for the first three treatments she will start off with Yag and if my skin tolerate well she'll switch to Alexandrite. I'm located in NY. Where are you located?

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2023, 05:55:47 AM »
I’m in Georgia and go to a med spa as well.  My technician has ten years of experience and I’m her third or fourth client who’s had this done.  I go for my next treatment in a couple of days. 

Offline ANASFIL

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2023, 05:45:57 AM »
I am glad for you. I had yesterday my ninth session. Black hair has vanished like 90%, but I had some regrow, so the aesthetician suggested that we will have to increase the period between the sessions

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2023, 06:49:09 AM »
I am glad for you. I had yesterday my ninth session. Black hair has vanished like 90%, but I had some regrow, so the aesthetician suggested that we will have to increase the period between the sessions
Do you have a recent photo to compare you shadow from before to now?
SlyBeard

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2023, 07:18:35 AM »
I don’t have any before and after pictures.  I don’t think my phone camera is good enough to show the difference unless I let my hair grow for several days, and I shave daily. 

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2023, 07:56:07 AM »
@ANASFIL, as I recall, didn’t you start laser treatments a couple of years ago?