Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Beards

Changing things up again

<< < (3/5) > >>

reddog:
@Semi-Sly , good luck in your search! I think the best way to find the best barber is to ask someone that has a great looking flattop. Last year, I saw a guy with the most perfect grey flattop I've ever seen. I went right up to him and asked who his barber was, and it was a gal at my local barbershop!

Razorhead:
Haircuts have gotten expensive. It’s easy being bald or wearing a buzzcut … it’s all DIY. But todays hairstyles requires a good barber. If I had a nice full head of hair I probably would be spending the extra money on a haircut.

I’ve seen some pretty good flattops on guys with thinning hair. I’ve thought about it but not sure if it’s worth the money. I grew my hair over the last couple weeks for the first time in over a year and I’ve lost quite a bit of hair during that time. Last chance at a flattop or just shave it???

slybeard:

--- Quote from: Razorhead on July 15, 2022, 07:44:51 AM ---Haircuts have gotten expensive. It’s easy being bald or wearing a buzzcut … it’s all DIY. But todays hairstyles requires a good barber. If I had a nice full head of hair I probably would be spending the extra money on a haircut.

I’ve seen some pretty good flattops on guys with thinning hair. I’ve thought about it but not sure if it’s worth the money. I grew my hair over the last couple weeks for the first time in over a year and I’ve lost quite a bit of hair during that time. Last chance at a flattop or just shave it???

--- End quote ---

You really don't know if you don't try.  I did that a few years ago, and again when Covid started.  I have almost nothing left on top, So a flat top is out for me.  There is a guy I see at the gym, likely a little older than me, that has almost no hair remaining on top.  He appears to be sly, until you see him up close.  He keep the sides shaved, but allows what is left on top to grow.  I guess you could call it a High & Tight, but it is just fuzz on top.  And really, it does not look bad.  I think if he did not keep the sides shaved it would look bad though.

reddog:
@Razorhead , I would love to grow my hair back long enough to have a barber cut it, but two things always stop me. After two or three weeks, either I break out in the dermatitis on the back of my head or I see a few guys with a great looking shaved head and want to razor mine super smooth again! The only way I know how to cure the dermatitis is to shave daily.

Thathawkguy001:

--- Quote from: Semi-Sly on July 11, 2022, 10:54:34 PM ---Yes even one of the young guys who comes to me as a private customer pointed that out to me this week and I hate it when young people have to tell me that as a guy on a fixed income facing some of the bills and facing that that’s just silly to spend $100 a month on haircuts!

We’ll see what happens when I get back to Florida haircuts are much cheaper there and if I can’t find somebody who doesn’t decent Flattop for me and then maybe I’ll hook up with one of you guys and you can do the honors to make me sly once again!

There were some Cuban barbers down in South Florida where are used to live Who could give me a Cuban haircut called a “Parisienne” Which is a lot like some of the French foreign legion guys wear, but I’m moving up to Parrish Florida and I don’t know what if anything is around there

--- End quote ---

Well you know I'm in Gainesville area and can travel hopefully towards when you come on back to FL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version