Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Beards

How do you fight the "itch" to shave it all off and start all over again?

<< < (2/9) > >>

slybeard:
Just think long and hard before shaving - you know how long it takes to grow back.

But if you do, consider going down in stages (and post photos for us).  You could trim to a shorter beard, then maybe carve out a large circle beard, then a biker (horseshoe) mustache with a soul patch, then without the soul patch, and then solo mustache.  Maybe live with each style for a week or so.  That may be less "shocking" and cause less regret since the change would be gradual over several weeks.  It would also give you some photo history of how you look with the different styles and what style may become your new goal when you do grow back. 

I always tell guys with facial hair to have fun with it and change it as they like.  I also tell the young guys that still have a full head of hair the same thing, try any hairstyle you like, while you still have the option.

DoberDaddy:
I have done biker staches and all sorts of goatees in the past. It's probably going to be an all or nothing thing. And then grow big, again.

reddog:
When I first thought about shaving my face last year, I kept thinking about it too much. Everytime I looked in the mirror, I wondered  what it would be like. I know I looked much younger without my grey hair, but always wondered if I would look even younger without the grey beard. I'll add a photo, but don't laugh!

You will never know what you will look like, unless you go for it.

Barbero Pelón:
Like another man...

You look younger tho.

Razorhead:
I did the same over the summer — pondered the idea of going clean shaven. I had a nice thick goatee going earlier this summer but was growing tired of it. So I started growing my beard back in but kept thinking how a clean shaven head and face would look nice and clean. I like it on other guys. So I took it down in stages. Shaved the beard but kept the goatee. Then I shaved it down to a mustache and soul patch combo and then I did just a a mustache. Nice thick one… chevron style which I really liked. I also realized to grow a nice mustache you need to let it grow a few months. Then I did the deed and went fully clean shaven. Like every guy I was like “what the hell did I just do”. Then I committed to stay clean shaven for several weeks. That took longer than I realized to get used to it. The look finally grew on me…bald headed, clean face. I kept it a couple months. I liked the look and going back into the office was nice too… so I polished my office look with pressed dry cleaned shirts and nice trousers. Definitely polished. Heading into winter I did grow the beard back but keep it trimmed close. But this year was a fun year on experimenting on facial hair. I say experiment withchange and have fun.  I will say getting rid of the grey facial hair was refreshing. And I’m contemplating on going back to a clean shaven face again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version