Author Topic: Advatage or Disadvatage? - Shaving head is addictive!  (Read 6113 times)

X The Hierophant

Advatage or Disadvatage? - Shaving head is addictive!
« on: September 17, 2007, 09:40:31 AM »
Ok, while I really enjoyed being sly I decided to let my hair grow out for a while to spice things up and keep things a bit different.  While I loved the sly look I felt it would be fun to try something new...

I didn't even make it two weeks!!  Having head hair was so annoying, and I was missing the smooth feel, and the headshaves badly.  I finally broke down and couldn't take it any more and am once again sly.  I don't even think I could try again ... I am totally addicted.

I'm thinking we should put a warning label on this site to disclose the addictive nature of slyness.  Once you go sly, it's impossible to go back!

Offline outsider82

• Sly
Re: Advatage or Disadvatage? - Shaving head is addictive!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 09:45:37 AM »
Amen, to that my sly friend.

When i was in europe, with my head of hair, and saw all the sly guys in London and Copenhagen. I could think of nothing more than to bring back the slick dome.

I love the feel of a freshly shaven head.

Out

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 09:51:22 AM »
Couldn't agree more X, I don't even know how you made it THAT long!!    I have never made it more than a day and half.   Though I must admit I AM curious about the addictiveness.  Need to ask a psychologist friend what's up with that.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 10:26:27 AM »
X, glad to have you back to sly, bro. I was wondering why I hadn't seen any posts.
I concur with Paul, I can't get past more than a day without shaving either. I am looking forward to my shave right now.
Like Out said, nothing like the feel of a freshly shaven head.

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 10:30:11 AM »
X, glad to have you back to sly, bro. I was wondering why I hadn't seen any posts.
I concur with Paul, I can't get past more than a day without shaving either. I am looking forward to my shave right now.
Like Out said, nothing like the feel of a freshly shaven head.

xnewyawka, I will quallify that. I like the feeling about 10 mins after the shave. Because i get razor burn and it stings when i put aloe vera on.

I am looking forward to my shave in the morning.

Bald_freak

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 03:41:54 PM »
I've went through that phase a few times in the last six years, mine was more outta laziness though. Then I came back to my senses and de furred myself.

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 02:11:04 AM »
Well,

I'm shiny again. What a theroputic (sp??) experience. I love the feeling and look of the smooth dome.

No one commented much this morning.

Out

P.S. Yes it's an adictive feeling.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 02:14:42 AM »
It is very addictive!  Not sure why that is, other than it makes me look so good!  ;D
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Bald_freak

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 02:30:57 PM »
It is very addictive!  Not sure why that is, other than it makes me look so good!  ;D

yup, bald=bad aZZ!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 02:42:35 PM »
X.....glad that u got that dome smooth, again.  since... i became sly.... i have only gone 2 whole days without shaving the noggin'.  i feel "dirty" &  "not feeling right" if i go longer then 2 days.  u gotta luv a slick, smooth dome.  i agree with bald_freak.... bald = bad azz.

WARHAWK O0
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 08:19:01 AM by warhawk »
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 02:46:15 PM »
Need to ask a psychologist friend what's up with that.
paul...i totally agree.  however...that is a good addiction 2 have. 

WARHAWK O0

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 03:20:15 PM »
Well,
I'm shiny again. What a theroputic (sp??) experience. I love the feeling and look of the smooth dome.
Out
P.S. Yes it's an adictive feeling.

Outsider, I remember how uncertain you were just a few weeks ago about head shaving. You're now very commited to being hair-free for the long haul. Guess your business trip made you realize how much you missed the smooth dome.

Once you go SLY there' no turning back. You tried for a week, but being SLY is now part of who you are.
That's way cool.  O0

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 05:32:13 AM »
Due to parenting and early shifts at work(6am) I just went through 3 whole days of no headshaving and finally got my dome slick bald again. It was a horrible feeling,like many of you describe it accuratley, I felt dirty.

Even my coworkers made comments how much better I look slick bald and the 3 days growth looked a bit dirty and feral.

Amen to it being addicting. I shudder to think about ever having hair again.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 08:23:49 AM »
I just went through 3 whole days of no headshaving
DANG...jdog....3 whole days!!!  that must  b  a  record 4 u!   wow...& this is coming from a twice a day shaver.  unbelievable, brah.  kinda kool...that your co-workers like u slick & smooth.  O0

WARHAWK O0

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 04:18:41 AM »
I just went through 3 whole days of no headshaving
DANG...jdog....3 whole days!!!  that must  b  a  record 4 u!   wow...& this is coming from a twice a day shaver.  unbelievable, brah.  kinda kool...that your co-workers like u slick & smooth.  O0

WARHAWK O0

yeah bro it was a bit tough and I got a bit lazy but wont let that happen again O0

Enter your email address: