Author Topic: is bald a dating disadvantage?  (Read 28524 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
is bald a dating disadvantage?
« on: November 14, 2006, 01:37:16 AM »
Someone Google'd this question and ended up at Sly Bald Guys...so what do you think?

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BaldRob

Re: is bald a dating disadvantage?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 05:18:18 AM »
I think that one is a tough one to answer... some women love it, some don't.

For me, the dating scene has been hit or miss since I've been bald.  But I will say that every woman that I've dated has at one time or another told me that before me they would have never even considered dating a bald guy.  And after the inevitable breakup, they tell me they always seem to be attracted to and date bald guys!

So for all bald guys that date someone that I already have... your welcome!!  ;D

BaldRob

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 05:21:53 AM »
And one more point on that... typically if a woman is concerned about your baldness, she is probably a pretty superficial and shallow woman.  Women who like bald guys tend to be a little more down to earth...  Not true in all cases, but I'm sure there are a few guys here that would back me up on this!

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 08:12:23 AM »
've been married since I started shaving, so I had no idea.  Asked a young lady here at work that dates, her reply was "balding, yes, bald, no.  Bald is a fashion now."

Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 03:32:13 PM »
I have been married way longer than i have been shaving, but my wife loves it now. I also get more compliments now. Even the nice lady that did cut the mop said that it works well. I kinda feel like if you are confident, then hair doesn't really matter. if a woman won't date someone cause of his hair, then she ain't worth our time anyway. what do you say, guys?

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BaldRob

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 09:10:56 AM »
So... there I was at the House of Blues in Chicago last night...  My sister knew the both the opening band and the headliner (Johnny Lang), which meant we got in for free and had a "Meet & Greet" with the band after the show.

Back to the story... there was a girl in the group of people next to us who was pretty cute.  I was making eye contact with her at various points of the evening... next thing I knew, she was standing next to me and we talked for a little bit, then she moved back to the other side of her group (I know, shouldn't have made fun of the fact she was from CheeseHead Land)...  Well, then the show finished up and she slips me her phone number!!

With that being said, I'm going to stand by my earlier statement that it all depends on the girl in question... some don't care that you're bald, some do care that you're bald, and some chicks just like the confidence.  I really don't think it's a disadvantage at all...

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 09:42:24 AM »
That's why I'm gonna live vicariously through Rob. He's the man.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline mongo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 08:25:15 PM »
Rob, I think I will live vicariously thru you as well cause right now the well is as dry as a bone in the mojave desert. I couldn't get a date with a hampster and for the life of me I just don't know why

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 07:11:16 AM »
Hamsters are notoriously stingy about sticking to their own species. J/K

That was the first thought out of my warped mind today.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline mongo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 07:47:38 AM »
Yeah I know they are very prejudiced but still you would think you could find one that want to go to the salad bar with you LOL

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 09:19:28 AM »
Or maybe the organic supermarket at least

Offline mongo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 07:29:32 PM »
Hey that may be a cheaper date than the salad bar thing

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 11:42:21 PM »
Or maybe the organic supermarket at least

I get a salad fairly often at the upscale (organic) supermarket by my work.  I see more hot girls at one time there than most bars I go to.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 11:03:13 AM »
healthy food and eye candy. good combo!!!!!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2006, 04:46:54 PM »
Let's face it ... it all boils down to personality.  If she is turned off by our domes then ... to hell with her.  Likewise, if it is only the dome that is turning her on, then she may be superficial (or have a strange fetish!).  I know Ms. Right will not give a rat's ____ about my scalp and hair.  She does need to love me regardless of what hair I have.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Enter your email address: