Author Topic: Bling bling, shiny slick and smooth  (Read 5093 times)

Offline Slickj

• Learning the way of Sly
Bling bling, shiny slick and smooth
« on: September 16, 2007, 10:11:02 PM »
I use the mach-3 turbo, and gillette shaving gel. I am a shower shaver and have adopted the Cool water rinse from my slybald brother's info.
I also use ,Equate/Vasaline/CVS, advanced healing ointment on a dry scalp. It works in really nicely and takes care of any flakes drying and rough spots. i tried it on a whim, and have been really happy since i started. i have used it as a oppsite sided treatment like shave in AM and ointment at night, and as a follow up after shaving. just make sure your noggin is good and dry before trying it IMO. @c3

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Bling bling, shiny slick and smooth
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 10:17:32 PM »
Hey Slickj, good routine bro. I am a shower shaver with the Headblade as well and I usually perform touch ups at the sink with the Fusion(Manual).

Try using a product called Witch Hazel. This helps maintain clean and tight skin and it doesnt dry it out as it is water based(very similar to rubbing alcohol). This also helps minimize irritation after a shave.

Welcome to the SBG's forum mate.

Offline Slickj

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 10:23:53 PM »
Dude! witch hazel? i have been looking for a aftershave for my noggin for ages but the achocol stinging isnt in the plan. Does the hazel have the stingy?

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 11:50:39 PM »
Dude! witch hazel? i have been looking for a aftershave for my noggin for ages but the achocol stinging isnt in the plan. Does the hazel have the stingy?

Well it does sting mildly on application but not near as bad as alcohol. T.N Dickinson is a good brand. It is 100 pure distilled Witch Hazel which through the process of making it contains 14% Alcohol.

Since I started using it 3 months ago I have noticed a big difference from the way my scalp looked. It also helps prevent razor burn and irritation.

Strongly recommended. O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 09:44:38 PM »
hey jdog.... i bought the tn dickinson witch hazel & i'll let ya know how it went.  i'm still in favor of  the aftershave lotion by gillette.  but i'm always willing 2 try out new products.

hey slickj...  r  u  gonna try out the tn dickinson witch hazel, also?

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

JohnMont

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 11:20:46 PM »
I don't know how readily available it is, but I use a really nice gel that is a blend of aloe vera and witchhazle.  I get it in the healthfood store; brand name is "Jason" . ... works very nicely ; not harsh like alchohol; the witchhazel is somewhat astringent ; but the aloe gives it a mildness; also gives a moderate shine .

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 11:39:19 PM »
Is this the stuff you use, John?
Jason Witch Vera Cooling Gel 

Sounds very soothing. Alcohol products are very drying, so this stuff with Aloe Vera should be a better choice. You have one of the smoothest domes on this board and if this is what you've been applying to your head, I'd like to give it a try!

Thanks for sharin'

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 06:12:23 AM »
hey jdog.... i bought the tn dickinson witch hazel & i'll let ya know how it went.  i'm still in favor of  the aftershave lotion by gillette.  but i'm always willing 2 try out new products.

hey slickj...  r  u  gonna try out the tn dickinson witch hazel, also?

WARHAWK O0

Right on Warhawk. I think you will notice results from it in a matter of a few weeks.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 09:22:33 AM »
JDog, I've been using the Bald Guyz moisture gel exclusively, but I am going to try the witch hazel too.  Do you use it by itself?, or before another after shave product?

Offline nilagorilla

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 02:02:38 PM »
I use the witch hazel right after a towel pat dry ,then I use Sharp's heavy face toner,then slap on some Bald guys moisture gel . The witch hazel's scent is kinda odd but the scent evaporates fast and doesnt stick around.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 03:23:20 PM »
Cool, nila, I will give the hazel a shot before I put on the moisture gel. Thanks.   O0

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 05:21:39 PM »
Joe.

Like Nila said, I apply the witch hazel after a cold water splash. Put a squirt of it in your palm and let it dry. After 1 or 2 minutes apply your moistureiser as normal. It works great to reduce shaving irritation and helps hydrate and tighten the skin on your scalp. It is part of my daily shave routine! O0

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 07:38:33 PM »
Thanks, JDog. I have been getting bumps all of a sudden. Haven't had them at all til now.
I have been getting very close shaves lately, and I guess it causes more chance for ingrown hairs.

Offline nilagorilla

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 08:13:33 PM »
I like trying something diff only if i cant resist but for the most part ,blade wise , and the stuff I use stays the same ,plus sometimes change isnt good  I'm just funny about trying alot of dif stuff on my head ,I usually stick to my guns unless you guys start raving about a new product theeeeen ya the temptation sets in lol .M

JohnMont

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2007, 10:43:32 PM »
Is this the stuff you use, John?
Jason Witch Vera Cooling Gel 

Sounds very soothing. Alcohol products are very drying, so this stuff with Aloe Vera should be a better choice. You have one of the smoothest domes on this board and if this is what you've been applying to your head, I'd like to give it a try!

Thanks for sharin'

Yep, Ben that's it ... Witch Vera ( I had forgotten the exact name) .   Hope you like it.

Enter your email address: