Author Topic: Shaving with Swollen/Cut Index Finger  (Read 2258 times)

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
Shaving with Swollen/Cut Index Finger
« on: June 10, 2019, 11:48:49 AM »
I had a little injury on Saturday morning. It's become routine that after I get dressed everyday, I spend a few minutes playing rough with my now 3-year old cat named Oreo. I've been doing it since I adopted him when he was 2-months. He literally waits for me on my bed while I'm in the shower. He's a very gentle cat and never leaves a mark despite us playing rough. I have a box fan that is only halfway on the dresser so it can be angled towards my head. Saturday morning while I was holding Oreo down, the fan fell onto the floor, it made a loud noise and spooked him. He bit into my index finger right on the joint and all four paws scratched me from my fingers all the way up to my shoulder (I was wearing a tank-top). My forearm got the worst of it. The scratches are superficial but they're puffy and red. I've been applying Polysporin a few times a day. My right index finger is double the size of my left one. I'm not mad at Oreo, he was just doing what cats do when they're startled.

Anyways, I've learned firsthand how important the index finger is to shaving. It now takes me less than 10 minutes to shave my head, yesterday it took 20 minutes. I'm on vacation this week and as much I enjoy shaving my head I might wait until I go back to work before shaving it again. It'll also give my finger time to heal. I'm going into the hospital tomorrow for a 30-minute outpatient procedure so I'll get them to look at my wounds. I know cat scratches are particularly prone to infection. When my mom was healthy, she required antibiotics through IV for a week after being attacked by a household feline.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Shaving with Swollen/Cut Index Finger
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 02:17:38 PM »
I had a little injury on Saturday morning. It's become routine that after I get dressed everyday, I spend a few minutes playing rough with my now 3-year old cat named Oreo. I've been doing it since I adopted him when he was 2-months. He literally waits for me on my bed while I'm in the shower. He's a very gentle cat and never leaves a mark despite us playing rough. I have a box fan that is only halfway on the dresser so it can be angled towards my head. Saturday morning while I was holding Oreo down, the fan fell onto the floor, it made a loud noise and spooked him. He bit into my index finger right on the joint and all four paws scratched me from my fingers all the way up to my shoulder (I was wearing a tank-top). My forearm got the worst of it. The scratches are superficial but they're puffy and red. I've been applying Polysporin a few times a day. My right index finger is double the size of my left one. I'm not mad at Oreo, he was just doing what cats do when they're startled.

Anyways, I've learned firsthand how important the index finger is to shaving. It now takes me less than 10 minutes to shave my head, yesterday it took 20 minutes. I'm on vacation this week and as much I enjoy shaving my head I might wait until I go back to work before shaving it again. It'll also give my finger time to heal. I'm going into the hospital tomorrow for a 30-minute outpatient procedure so I'll get them to look at my wounds. I know cat scratches are particularly prone to infection. When my mom was healthy, she required antibiotics through IV for a week after being attacked by a household feline.
OH, man that sucks.

A few weeks ago while filling a grave, I got a major blister, followed by open cut, on my right index finger. Fortunately, I shave with the left hand.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 06:12:54 PM »
Good to hear you are getting that finger checked out. Infections can really become a problem if not treated. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 11:32:27 AM »

A few weeks ago while filling a grave,

Um... :-\
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 11:59:23 AM »

Jewish funeral. They do that; shovel it completely with the excavated earth.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 12:01:46 PM »

Jewish funeral. They do that; shovel it completely with the excavated earth.

Gotcha! I was just playing around. Figured you'd say that you worked at a cemetery.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 07:21:12 PM »
Good to hear you are getting that finger checked out. Infections can really become a problem if not treated. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

My procedure (colonoscopy) went fine. The preparation was beyond torture but I also know it can be a life-saving procedure so I was trying to bite my tongue. The doctor filled me with so much air that the car ride home was brutal. Every little bump was painful.

My finger and arm are healing up nicely!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 05:56:09 AM »

My procedure (colonoscopy) went fine. The preparation was beyond torture but I also know it can be a life-saving procedure so I was trying to bite my tongue. The doctor filled me with so much air that the car ride home was brutal. Every little bump was painful.

My finger and arm are healing up nicely

Good for you . And I know about colonoscopies, had three of my own . Lots of fun !   
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Enter your email address: