Author Topic: Yul Brynner and Telly Savalas  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
Yul Brynner and Telly Savalas
« on: March 23, 2019, 02:43:13 PM »
I was reading that both Yul Brynner and Telly Savalas originally shaved their heads for film roles. They ended up liking it so much that they stayed bald for the remainder of their lives. And neither one of them wanted to shave their head. First they didn't want to lose their hair, then they didn't want it back! I wonder what they'd think of the chromedome being so popular today.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
Re: Yul Brynner and Telly Savalas
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 05:14:05 PM »
Yul and Telly had several hairlosss before the shave,so it was a nice transition,they look more powerful on films with shiny head.

I ca

Offline Titus13

• Bald guy in New York
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 06:29:46 AM »
I am really curious to what their shave routines were if anyone knows please post

GI

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 08:50:53 AM »
We owe them a debt of gratitude for blazing the trail for the future of us sly guys. Imagine the guts they had to wear a shaved head back then.

Not sure of their shaving routines, but once it became their trademark look, they probably shaved daily.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 11:10:23 AM »
I never saw either of them with stubble, so they must have been daily shavers.
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 02:01:40 PM »
I find it interesting that they shaved their heads for movie roles, but kept them shaved the rest of their lives. So many of us here including me, experienced the same situation of trying a shave and keeping it after that. I've said before, wearing a shaved head is addicting to some. Whether it's the look, the feel, or the convenience, it seems it's hard to go back to hair once you get used to being completely bald.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 07:26:24 PM »
I find it interesting that they shaved their heads for movie roles, but kept them shaved the rest of their lives. So many of us here including me, experienced the same situation of trying a shave and keeping it after that. I've said before, wearing a shaved head is addicting to some. Whether it's the look, the feel, or the convenience, it seems it's hard to go back to hair once you get used to being completely bald.
I have to agree with you I was absolutely Billy to my famous I take Bruno Horshoe flat top for over 30 years but I shaped ones for a fundraising and then didn’t to more years in a row I had just gotten used to myself with a shaved head! I have to agree with you I was absolutely Billy to my famous I take Bruno horseshoe flat top for over 30 years but I shaped ones for a fundraising and then didn’t to more years in a row and just got used to myself with a shaved head !  I also don’t miss the obsessive compulsive maintenance of the flat top

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 07:31:19 PM »
Yeah, I miss my flattop too, but I think the white flattop made me look old(er).

Enter your email address: