Author Topic: Sly for Four months today  (Read 3047 times)

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
Sly for Four months today
« on: February 26, 2019, 11:31:41 PM »
So it was four months ago today that I shaved my head, the first two months I felt like it was a trade-off one thing for another so it took a little time to get to U acceptance and embracing my genetics, but I have fully embraced my hair loss I love my shaved head I get nothing but compliments and I never thought I would say this, but if God came back today and said well it took you awhile, but you passed the test you've worked this out.  You looked at yourself gone through a period of introspection, and you saw who you were and who you were becoming and now who you are and who you will become; so I'm going to give your hair back no no questions asked no punches but it's up to you, the truth is I would not take my hair back because my life has changed in so many positive directions I would be too afraid of going back to the mindset that I had before shaving my head, so for all you guys who supporting me through my whining thank you and truly I would never want my hair back.

Hi I'm Ty I'm 55 years old my hair started thinning in my late 20s and really started thinning quickly in my late 40s I've worn a hair system for the last year and I've just decided to shave my head for 30 days and give it a try so far I like it I feel confident with my bald head. Feels great!

Offline scooby

• Sly
Re: Sly for Four months today
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 06:18:37 AM »
thank you ty.what you went through is what i went through but could not understand until now when you said what you went through.its still tough to realize its best for me mentaly to shave my head so i can be happier than i ever have been.i have thinning hair for over 20 years and have been shaving my head for a couple of years now,and what you wrote made me feel real good,thank you.i dont get reaction from people but i dont care what they think,i care about me being happy and a better person,which i am since i shaved my head.

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 07:10:20 AM »
it doesnt bother me being bald,what does bother me is shaving what hair i have left,which is thinning and uneven.i like the way i look with little hair i have left but i feel alot better with a shaved head.i am more happier,more confident,i have a better memory,and have more energy than i would if i let my hair grow,go figure.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 07:15:02 AM »
Congratulations Ty, I'm glad you're doing ok. Yes, that's exactly why the 30 day rule is recommended. It takes a while to get used to suddenly being bald. I still wonder what percentage of guys that try a shaved head stick with it and stay shaved. I think it's pretty high. Like I've said before, headshaving is addicting, very hard to go back to hair once you've been shaving for awhile.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 07:26:22 AM »
So it was four months ago today that I shaved my head, the first two months I felt like it was a trade-off one thing for another so it took a little time to get to U acceptance and embracing my genetics, but I have fully embraced my hair loss I love my shaved head I get nothing but compliments and I never thought I would say this, but if God came back today and said well it took you awhile, but you passed the test you've worked this out.  You looked at yourself gone through a period of introspection, and you saw who you were and who you were becoming and now who you are and who you will become; so I'm going to give your hair back no no questions asked no punches but it's up to you, the truth is I would not take my hair back because my life has changed in so many positive directions I would be too afraid of going back to the mindset that I had before shaving my head, so for all you guys who supporting me through my whining thank you and truly I would never want my hair back.

Awesome dude. You said exactly how I feel about myself in many ways. Cheers.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 09:02:57 AM »
Congratulations, Ty.  You look great in your current photo, and happier than the photo with thin hair.  The beard and shaved head really define your look, and in a good way.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 02:45:56 PM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 11:19:41 PM »

The pic with hair reminds me of the guy from Sears coming to my house to fix my dish washer. The shaved and beard pic reminds of the dude tearing up the highway on his Harley!

Offline PDXGuy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 11:33:14 PM »
Bald looks good on you.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 09:39:13 AM »
Looks great!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 11:43:59 PM »

The pic with hair reminds me of the guy from Sears coming to my house to fix my dish washer. The shaved and beard pic reminds of the dude tearing up the highway on his Harley!

Oh Chris, that is too funny. And you nailed it!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2019, 08:38:29 AM »

Oh Chris, that is too funny. And you nailed it!
Haha. Lesson for others on the fence, young and old.